Controversial Trump

High Plains Drifter

The Drifter
VIP
Trump vs NFL

What are your feeling on the whole NFL taking a knee during the national anthem? Do you agree with Trump? What are your feelings about the topic? Do you think taking a knee is hurting the NFL in ratings?
_97993298_17012beb-a367-41d6-9b66-a102b3247360.jpg

trump nfl tweet_1506289583989_4212056_ver1.0_640_360.png

Last edited by a moderator:

TheSowIsMine

What an excellent day for an exorcism
VIP
Two idiots playing with their destructive toys. Whats there to say...
In the cold war there was a lot of smack talk, but the leaders were smart enough not to do anything big. These two are not smart.

TheSowIsMine

What an excellent day for an exorcism
VIP
Its funny how he ends it with the remark "bad ratings", why would he, as the POTUS, care about the ratings?

In Europe there is a rule that politics are not alowed in football(soccer). So its all very clear. If a player does do something, he gets a fine. Or if the fans do something, the club gets fined. But it mostly concerning shirts with statements, or certain flags. In Europe we don't use national anthems at national leagues.
But if in the USA, there are no rules for that, you can't condemn the players for protesting during the anthem.
How weird is it that he condemns this protest so much, but when a bunch of neo nazis scant racist stuff during a protest, he says that there are fine folks there.

Hunter28

Member: Rank 3
What are your feeling on the whole NFL taking a knee during the national anthem? Do you agree with Trump? What are your feelings about the topic? Do you think taking a knee is hurting the NFL in ratings?
View attachment 3738

View attachment 3739
I am a veteran so my feelings are it is despicable. The country that made them rich and famous and they will not even stand for the National Anthem. My wife has been a Steeler fan most of her life. When they pulled that crap yesterday she threw her terrible towel in the garbage and said she is done watching football. And she means it. Will it hurt the ratings? Probably but not enough to matter.

chainsaw_metal1

Member: Rank 8
I'm not attacking anyone's views, nor am I looking for a fight. Just my own opinion here.

Personally, I support the players in the protest. AS they have stated numerous times, this isn't about the flag, or the country, or their support of the military. This is about a country that normalizes and condones police brutality and cops who kill, and racially profile. Before those comments get blown out of the water, No, it's not all cops. But blacks are statistically more likely to be killed by police. And you can't argue that they were doing something suspicious, because most of the time, the same actions done by whites don't result in killing.
How weird is it that he condemns this protest so much, but when a bunch of neo nazis scant racist stuff during a protest, he says that there are fine folks there.
The same reason he's tweeted more about the NFL than he has about the destruction in Puerto Rico. Also, he's banned any politicians from traveling there to actually see the devastation, lest they actually make him do something about it.'

Here's something to think about. He claims this is disrespectful to the flag, but he invited Kid Rock to the White House, a man who once cut a hole in a flag and wore it as a poncho.

I'm not saying it's because Kid Rock is white...okay, yeah, I am.

Tuco

Member: Rank 2
I heard that some of those white supremacists called out Trump's name in support, giving fodder to the psychotic liberals to paint him and Trump supporters as racist white supremacists.

Maybe they did that because their psychotic lib asses, along with their MSM propaganda machine, have been calling Trump a racist ever since he kicked Hillary's ass in the election, to the extent that those groups started to believe it themselves.

Trump has denounced those groups six ways from Sunday, and the psycho libs aren't satisfied.

Trump has been in the public eye for decades, but only since the election has been called a racist.

This is nothing but a party of sore losers that America can no longer stand, exploiting a death in Charlotte for political expediency. They are disgusting. Antifa and the KKK/Nazis are both hateful, disgusting groups.

This is why Democrats will continue to lose elections. The American people see through their phony self-righteous indignation, and that's why they will continue to lose even more elections.

Remember their motto: "Never let a good crisis go to waste."
Is it possible to say that bullshit is sad? This is both.

High Plains Drifter

The Drifter
VIP
Eminem vs Donald Trump?

http://www.vulture.com/2017/10/eminem-vs-donald-trump.html
Eminem Is Taking On Donald Trump, But Does It Matter?

Last night’s BET Hip Hop Awards freestyle wasn’t the first time Eminem has raked Donald Trump over the coals — between a guest verse on a Big Sean cut earlier this year and the aptly named “Campaign Speech” released late election season last year, it’s long been evident that the rapper despises the Republican president with a passion. Still, his most recent verbal assault stood out. It was more detailed, not just Trump but his policies (green-lighting white supremacists, flirting with nuclear war, and picking fights with NFL protesters while doing nothing about gun control or hurricane relief) were named and damned. Topped off by a disavowal and literal fuck you aimed at any Trump-supporting Eminem fans, it was more direct, and more risky. It’s not that often that a major artist displays such a willingness to cull his audience in the name of politics.

It has to matter, but what does it really mean? Nearly 20 years after emerging as a public figure, Eminem is, somehow, still a source of heated and irrational debate. He’s always been a profoundly polarizing character toward whom it’s all but impossible to maintain a neutral position. Whether you hate him or love him, your attitude toward him is bound to be visceral and deeply personal. There is no way to coolly assess Eminem; furthermore, he’s the sort of artist for whom being “cool” has never been a priority. Rage, humiliation, depression, obsession, addiction, and hate are his themes, pursued with a violent intensity that precludes any concern about coming off well. To inhabit his reality is to inhabit a space where the darker elements of the human personality speak freely. He’s not the only one to have made a name this way. Some of the more striking moments in Eminem’s anti-Trump speeches are ones where he acknowledges the parallels between his own rhetoric and that of his orange nemesis: “Campaign Speech” tells voters they’d be insane to elect someone who is, essentially, his evil alter ego Slim Shady; the freestyle last night talks of how “like him in politics, I’m using all of his tricks.” Grab listeners by the gut and the rest will follow. As far as style goes in politics and politics in style, it’s a strategy as low as it is effective.

In certain ways, Eminem attacking Trump is like trying to cure thirst with saltwater. After all, a person’s politics are invariably expressed in their tone, and their tones are similar, as Eminem-hating Trump haters and Eminem-loving Trump lovers would both quickly admit. But similarity and sameness aren’t identical. All sussing-out of tone aside, one still has to account for the fact that Eminem unequivocally opposes Trump and everyone Trump represents. It’s worth making a distinction between Eminem’s “low” attitude, rooted in the social (poor white) and cultural (black hard-core hip-hop) milieu that formed him, and the privileged bloviations of a wealthy white bigot like Trump and his base.

The primary factor in the Republican electoral triumphs of the past 20 years has been that working-class turnout in elections, both by whites and people of color, has been abysmal. And for good reason, between a Republican party intent on harsh policing, killing labor rights, and cutting the social safety net, and a Democratic party unwilling to take a firm stand against these policies, there was nowhere to turn. As an active, native, superstar-tier cultural representative of the white portion of the working class, Eminem has a unique capacity to sway that audience, even during a period of aesthetic decline and economic recession he was still selling records by the millions. It’s far from inconceivable that his stand against Trump will keep Republicans from winning winnable elections, particularly in Michigan, where Trump surrogate and cultural carpetbagger Kid Rock is angling for a Senate run.

There’s plenty of things to dislike Eminem for. He’s not as fluent, self-aware, or witty as he once was; too much of his recent output, BET freestyle included, sounds like he’s hate-fucking the English language. But his forthright opposition to foreign wars and racism is entirely admirable, even if the man himself is not. It’s worth remembering that politics isn’t only tone but actual policies as well. It’s a problem when Eminem, no friend to feminists or women in his lyrics, takes aim at an administration dead set on reducing women’s rights to nothingness. But it’s a far more pressing problem that there’s an administration dead set on reducing women’s rights to nothingness, and if Eminem rallying his white working-class base against the president can help push that administration out of power (and it really could help), that’s hardly something the so-called resistance can afford to frown at or turn down.

High Plains Drifter

The Drifter
VIP
Popovich issues blistering takedown of ‘soulless coward’ Donald Trump

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nba/popovich-issues-blistering-takedown-of-‘soulless-coward’-donald-trump/ar-AAtBnKS

© Getty ImagesSpurs head coach Gregg Popovich has made no secret of his opinion of President Donald Trump, but he took his criticism to another level on Monday afternoon.

Trump held a press conference on Monday during which he claimed that many past presidents have not made phone calls to the families of military members killed in action. Whether he was just being astoundingly ignorant or was telling a massive lie, the comments made Popovich—an Air Force veteran—irate. Unsolicited, he called journalist Dave Zirin of The Nation to vent.

This man in the Oval Office is a soulless coward who thinks that he can only become large by belittling others. This has of course been a common practice of his, but to do it in this manner—and to lie about how previous Presidents responded to the deaths of soldiers—is as low as it gets. We have a pathological liar in the White House: unfit intellectually, emotionally, and psychologically to hold this office and the whole world knows it, especially those around him every day. The people who work with this President should be ashamed because they know it better than anyone just how unfit he is, and yet they choose to do nothing about it. This is their shame most of all.

In addition to his military service, Popovich is now the head coach of Team USA. Luckily, his boss his Jerry Colangelo—not Trump.

chainsaw_metal1

His freestyle seemed rather choppy and not as cohesive as he's done in the past, but I think a lot of that had to do with emotion. Personally, I loved everything he said in it. And I hope it does serve as a rallying cry.

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
Finally!

I've got incontrovertible proof that I've been right about Donald Trump all this time...
"Beware the beast Trump, for he is the Devil's pawn. Alone among God's primates, he kills for sport or lust or greed. Yea, he will murder his brother to possess his brother's land. Let him not breed in great numbers, for he will make a desert of his home and yours. Shun him; drive him back into his jungle lair, for he is the harbinger of death. ”
The Lawgiver, (as - sort of - spoken by Cornelius in Planet of the Apes)

michaellevenson

Kim Jong Un and his lackeys recently called Trump a Dotard.
There's a real possibility that Iran is now supplying North Korea with a thesaurus.
Dotard , being an old doddery senile person, scored a direct hit with Trump.

McQualude

Member: Rank 3
I strongly dislike Trump but in this case he has a point, previous strategies going back decades has only emboldened North Korea and allowed them to become more dangerous. China isn't going to help and is probably encouraging and supplying NK. Japan and S.Korea aren't going to help.

High Plains Drifter

The Drifter
VIP
National Congress Of American Indians Reacts To Trump's 'Pocahontas' Comment

https://www.npr.org/2017/11/28/5670...n-indians-reacts-to-trumps-pocahontas-comment

At an event on Monday honoring Native American veterans, President Trump mocked Sen. Elizabeth Warren, saying "They call her Pocahontas." NPR's Kelly McEvers speaks with Jacqueline Pata of the National Congress of American Indians about the reaction in the room.

KELLY MCEVERS, HOST:

Yesterday, President Trump spoke at a White House event to recognize Native American code talkers. These are the Native American men who were recruited to create a code based on their tribal languages to help U.S. troops communicate in secret during battle. Three of the few code talkers who are still alive were at the White House to be honored. And then this happened.

(SOUNDBITE OF ARCHIVED RECORDING)

PRESIDENT DONALD TRUMP: You're very, very special people. You were here long before any of us were here. Although we have a representative in Congress who they say was here a long time ago. They call her Pocahontas. But you know what? I like you because you are special.

MCEVERS: The president was referring to Democratic Senator Elizabeth Warren, who he calls Pocahontas because she has identified as part Native American. Warren and others called the comment a racial slur. The White House said it was not. Earlier today I asked Jackie Pata what she thought about it. She's executive director of the National Congress of American Indians.

JACQUELINE PATA: Immediately I felt hurt for the code talkers. This event was so much about the code talkers, and I wanted it to be so much about them. And, you know, I felt, like, a little slighted that this opportunity would be used to make a political statement rather than to honor those in the room.

MCEVERS: Do you think it's a racial slur?

PATA: The word itself isn't a racial slur, but the way that it is used sometimes is in a negative way. And it wasn't meant to be respectful of who Pocahontas was. It was meant to be used as a poke to a political adversary.

MCEVERS: And so yesterday's event was meant to honor 13 surviving Native American code talkers. What do you think people should know about them?

PATA: Well, the code talkers were from World War I and World War II. The first ones were from the Choctaw Nation. Many other tribal nations had code talkers. And there probably is about less than 20 that are alive. And since they're so elderly - they're in their 90s at this point - many of them couldn't travel. It was a really great idea. And I know the folks at the White House worked really hard to make sure that this was an event to honor those code talkers for the first time, for them to be able to come to the White House to be honored by the president for their service and what they did to help actually win those wars.

MCEVERS: Have you talked to any of them? How are they feeling about how this has now been turned into something totally different?

PATA: I haven't talked to them since the event, but I can only imagine. And what we want to be able to make sure is that the focus goes back on the code talkers. This is a chance for us to really celebrate their contributions, and what we should be talking about is them.

MCEVERS: As far as we can tell, the president has not apologized for this. In the absence of that, what do you think should be done? What can be done?

PATA: How the White House continues to engage with Indian country will be important. We have always looked for whoever's in the administration to be able to move forward policies that are important to our tribal nations, the services that are promised to us for the giving up of our lands such as health care and education. We want to be able to make sure that those services remain intact and that we actually continue to develop our community so that it can be thriving for the next generations.

MCEVERS: Jackie Pata, executive director of the National Congress of American Indians, thank you so much.

PATA: Thank you.

(SOUNDBITE OF LEAVV'S "FOUNTAIN")

Copyright © 2017 NPR. All rights reserved. Visit our website terms of use and permissions pages at www.npr.org for further information.

NPR transcripts are created on a rush deadline by Verb8tm, Inc., an NPR contractor, and produced using a proprietary transcription process developed with NPR. This text may not be in its final form and may be updated or revised in the future. Accuracy and availability may vary. The authoritative record of NPR’s programming is the audio record.

High Plains Drifter

The Drifter
VIP
Elizabeth Warren 'really couldn't believe' Trump's 'Pocahontas' comment

Ugh! WTF! Really, he said this in front of the code talkers. Is this the dumbest president we have? Even Jr. is looking smarter at times. Also, when can we take this man's twitter away from him? They did it with Obama and his blackberry.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/27/politics/elizabeth-warren-donald-trump/index.html

Elizabeth Warren 'really couldn't believe' Trump's 'Pocahontas' comment
By Sophie Tatum, CNN

event honoring Navajo veterans Monday was just a distraction from other issues.

"He'd sure like to talk about something else," the Massachusetts Democrat said Monday night in an interview with CNN's Anderson Cooper.
"I just want to thank you because you are very, very special people. You were here long before any of us were here," Trump said. "Although, we have a representative in Congress who has been here a long time ... longer than you -- they call her Pocahontas!"

Here's the deal with Elizabeth Warren's Native American heritage

Warren said she "really couldn't believe" Trump's comment.

"There he was, at a ceremony to honor Native Americans, men who have really put it all on the line to save American lives, to save lives of people, our allies, during World War II, really amazing people. And President Trump couldn't even make it through a ceremony to honor these men without throwing in a racial slur," Warren told Cooper on "Anderson Cooper 360."
Trump has repeatedly questioned the legitimacy of Warren's Native American heritage claims, including during his presidential bid.
In June 2016, Trump told NBC News in a phone interview that Warren "made up her heritage, which I think is racist. I think she's a racist, actually, because what she did was very racist."
Warren said Monday that she had learned about her family from her parents and grandparents.

At a Navajo veterans' event, Trump makes 'Pocahontas' crack

"I learned about my family the way that most people learn about their families," Warren said. "My brothers and I learned from our mother and our daddy and our grandparents who we are. And that's it. That's how we learned it. That's what we know."
When asked about White House press secretary Sarah Sanders' suggestion on Monday that Warren had used it as a way to advance her career, the senator said she "never used it to get ahead."
"Never. I never used it to get ahead I never used it to get into school. I never used it to get a job. Look, this is just a way for Donald Trump to be able to try to get somebody talking about something other than what he's doing," Warren said.