chainsaw_metal1

Member: Rank 8
Blade is a fantastic film. Blade II is pretty good, with some good performances by Snipes, Ron Perlman and Norman Reedus. Blade III is crap. The only thing worth seeing it for is how much they waste Ryan Reynolds and Parker Posey.

I shall have to check out this Maid Marion and her Merry Men.

Cloister56

Member: Rank 3
I love the cybermen. They are my favourite monster.
As for design I tend to prefer the Revenge cybermen with their integrated weapons, plus I love Revenge.
I prefer the Moonbase voices (when the aren't saying things like "Stupid Earth brains") I liked the voices they used in Sword of Orion and the Cyberman series with Big Finish.
I do agree strongly with the view that they need to keep to the corrupted humanity aspect. The touches in the past like the sing song voice and fabric face of the Tenth Planet or the visible lower jaw all help with that.
I did like the design they had for Nightmare in Silver but the episode was awful.
I love the new design and more so for the implication that these are the true cybermen, not the alternate universe ones that are returning.

chainsaw_metal1

Member: Rank 8
I've always liked them as a villain. I really enjoyed their return during Smith's run, but that episode also had some really great actors in it, so that helped. I can't wait to see them return tomorrow.

ant-mac

Member: Rank 9
I've always liked them as a villain. I really enjoyed their return during Smith's run, but that episode also had some really great actors in it, so that helped. I can't wait to see them return tomorrow.
I've always liked the fact that they weren't just another villain.

In THE CURSE OF PELADON, they were shown to be honourable and loyal members of the Galactic Federation. That means that they weren't simply one-dimensional, one-trick ponies. They were far more believable and realistic as an alien species.

Gavin

Member: Rank 6
VIP
I've always liked them as a villain.
Interesting. My favourite appearance has always been in The Curse of Peladon when they turned out to not be the villains. It was an unexpected twist that was unfortunately reversed in their next appearance. Looks like the latest episode has set them on the path to galactic citizenship.

Carol

Member: Rank 5
@Doctor Omega

You are purely a genius and a benefactor - with the clock ticking down - little more than 24 hours to go - to the end of the academic year, I SO NEEDED THAT. Then the laptop will be unplugged for the summer, and I shall head unencumbered to the hills, powered down, shaking the dust of cyberspace from my shiny sequined summer shoes... and maybe see you all again when the leaves begin to turn and well-scrubbed student life-forms are once again returned to our tender ministrations.