michaellevenson

Member: Rank 8
Voice From The Past
Can anybody seriously defend this episode? Seen it recently, forgotten how poor it is.
Blake is dreaming about being sentenced to Cygnus Alpha after being found guilty of membership of the freedom party. No he wasn't! His sentence then was to undergo brainwashing and personality reconstruction. He was of course sent to Cygnus Alpha for child molestation.
Frieda Knorr's performance as Le Grande is staggeringly bad. Looks like she's had a faceful of Botox resulting in a permanent smile.
I know Travis had to change his voice as part of his cover , but really! Maybe though the people of Outer Gal have Mexican accents!
And his entourage has never undressed this cripple they are looking after and discovered Travis. It is possible that the whole robed lot were Federation agents.
Am I being harsh?
Mmmm.... still it's B7 so I watched it and enjoyed Orac's moments in this.
Also Travis's Shevan costume is wacky to say the least. I hope the eye is supposed to be just for show as it's obviously a falsie, please don't tell me he was meant to be seeing through it.
Travis was fasting during this escapade as the bandages go over his mouth.
The worst episode? No I still think that's Volcano. Thankfully the next episode Gambit was brilliant.

Last edited:

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
592798-21662-clp-950.jpg

Blake’s Junction 7, is a short film made in 2004 by writer Tim Plester (who also created the superb Way of the Morris) and director Ben Gregor, under the Film Club banner.

The film is an affectionate contemporary nod to the series, the idea was to make it approachable by people who had vague memories of seeing the show hence it mixes up iconic elements.

For example both Dayna and Jenna are present even though in the series they never met.

Shot over one- very cold- evening at Newport Pagnell service station it tells the story of Avon, Vila and co stopping over at a motorway service station for petrol, some food and a go on the games machines.

Just like any family would in fact except they are dressed in their sci-fi regalia.

Doctor Omega

Josette Simon is still busy in her theatre career.....

And she popped up at the start of Wonder Woman too, as the teacher shouting "Diana!"

Last edited:

michaellevenson

I'm not too hot on actors careers apart from flagging up some noteworthy appearances.
So, Gareth Thomas, of course Children Of The Stones and Hammer House of Horror episode " Visitor From The Grave". But must mention two stand out Thomas performances, both on youtube.
SUTHERLANDS LAW- BBC Scotland's law and order series. Iain Cuthbertson plays law chief prosecutor and Thomas his number two from episode two, great performance and a Scottish accent expertly mastered.
Also makes one appearance in BBC's Who Pays The Ferryman, ep.4 with an Aussie accent, a strong performance well worth seeing, and a useful gauge of the series if you're thinking of giving it a go but not sure.

Doctor Omega

We are lucky to have Paul Darrow still with us, as in recent years he suffered an incident where he collapsed and the blood was no longer reaching his legs, leading to the amputation of both legs.

Thankfully Paul has recovered and adapted to his new circumstances and here he is in an interview from 2016.....

michaellevenson

Bravo! Excellent that this show gets its own place in the Franchise Zone .
This has certain advantages;

1. Students at Bel Hangria University can now access all B7 data for their study module
2. It is easy now to collate all B7 data , digitize it, transfer to TP crystal for transmission to Fosforon.
3.All B7 material can now easily packaged and airdropped to Cygnus Alpha to give the prisoners something to read on those long lonely nights instead of the rantings of Vargas
Any more?

michaellevenson

4. If your Federation unit is under attack and you wish to use Solium to destroy the whole population, don't worry, your B7 data will survive, now in one handy place. Easier to disseminate to the new population you bring in.
5. If you're studying immortality but have sadly died, and now exist as a group entity in a tank living through a single body, FEAR NOT! your data on B7 is safe now it's all in one place. So long as you keep the one surviving body alive, then your avatars need only press one button and hey presto! Just make sure you're not attacked by laboratory created dwarves.
6. The Federation now may want to code this valuable data, and now it'll be kept in one coding device. But that'll make it easier to steal. Just bring along someone with strong teeth to rip it out.

ant-mac

Member: Rank 9
7. When you've designed and created a super computer that can access all other known computer systems, it makes it easier for that new computer system to do its job, now that all of the knowledge of all the other known computer systems is safely stored in one place.

michaellevenson

8. Now all B7 data is in one place a single file can be created and placed in say, a pleasure planet computer, and turned into some sort of amusing game. In turn this can be used to distract and occupy Fed troopers while you steal a valuable crystal like Feldon.

michaellevenson

Krantor " Interesting, the IMDForums administrators have put the all the Blakes7 data on one place"
Toyz " It indicates that it contains some BBC secret, of how to make a great show "
Krantor " Which we can extract after stealing it"
Toyz " And handing it back after a ransom is paid by IMDF, "
Krantor " Or we destroy it, Krantor wins both ways"

Doctor Omega

"Goodbye Tarrant!"

blake121.jpg

Avon and Tarrant.

These two characters have been at loggerheads for so long.

But now Tarrant is facing impending doom and is willing to sacrifice himself.

Blake would have hung around, trying to stupidly save both himself and Tarrant, but, after covering all options, Avon concedes that he must leave Tarrant to his fate - and quickly.

But he still manages to squeeze in a "Goodbye Tarrant!" as he fades away, in what seem to be their final moments together.

A strangely moving moment, showing a newfound respect for Tarrant.

"I'm glad you made it", follows that, later in the show, consolidating this thawing of tensions between the two men.

Before all hell breaks loose and Avon's newfound trust of Tarrant leads to a terrible misunderstanding, proving that "he who trusts can never be betrayed, only mistaken."

Last edited:

michaellevenson

"Goodbye Tarrant!"

View attachment 2666

Avon and Tarrant.

These two characters have been at loggerheads for so long.

But now Tarrant is facing impending doom and is willing to sacrifice himself.

Blake would have hung around, trying to stupidly save both himself and Tarrant, but, after covering all options, Avon concedes that he must leave Tarrant to his fate - and quickly.

But he still manages to squeeze in a "Goodbye Tarrant!" as he fades away, in what seem to be their final moments together.

A strangely moving moment, showing a newfound respect for Tarrant.

"I'm glad you made it", follows that, later in the show, consolidating this thawing of tensions between the two men.

Before all hell breaks loose and Avon's newfound trust of Tarrant leads to a terrible misunderstanding, proving that "he who trusts can never be betrayed, only mistaken."
The whole series is 52 episodes of pure magic, so it's difficult to pick any specific one. A number of moments stand out for me;
Star One
Blake " For what it is worth I have always trusted you Avon"
Rumours of Death
Avon " Having murdered your way to a wall of an underground room"
Servalan " It's an old wall Avon, it waits, I hope you don't die before you reach it"
Avon to Vila at the end of Orbit " You KNOW you are safe with me"