Fun Hammer Films

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
hammerfamebanner.jpg

While we are waiting for Universal's DARK UNIVERSE to... well, to do anything.... your thoughts on - and memories of - the studio that dripped blood.....

Last edited:

johnnybear

Member: Rank 6
I've got the two Hammer novels by John Burke (later versions of course) plus Scars of Dracula as a book plus have all the Hammer magazines from 75-77 I believe, 1-23 and was very saddened when it failed to continue plus the revised editions which came out in the nineties and only lasted for seven issues! I remember that I searched for years to find any Hammer paperbacks back in the late seventies but I was just a few years too late! I did find Dr.Terror's House of Horrors and Vault of Horror as books in a fantasy shop in Leicester back in the late nineties even though they were Amicus rather than hammer!
JB

Last edited:

Doctor Omega

Kate Bush - Hammer Horror - Official Music Video

Official music video for the single "Hammer Horror" which was Kate Bush's third single release and first single from her second album Lionheart. It was released on 27 October 1978 and charted at #44 in the UK singles chart. The parent album released a few weeks later went into the top ten. The B-side of the song was "Coffee Homeground", which also featured on Lionheart.

johnnybear

My son keeps asking me things about Hammer films lately and I've shown him clips of Dracula which he liked a lot but how far should I allow his interest?
JB

Doctor Omega

Hammer.jpg

Discuss the actors and actresses, directors, producers and writers who combined to create Hammer Films' many productions over the years....

Doctor Omega

ripper.jpg

Michael Ripper (27 January 1913 – 28 June 2000) was an English character actor born in Portsmouth, Hampshire.

He began his film career in quota quickies in the 1930s and until the late 1950s was virtually unknown; he was seldom credited. He played one of the two murderers in the Olivier film version of Richard III (1955). Ripper became a mainstay in Hammer Film Productionsplaying supporting character roles: coachmen, peasants, tavern keepers, pirates and sidekicks. Appearing in more of the company's films than any other performer, these included The Camp on Blood Island (1958), The Revenge of Frankenstein (1958), The Mummy(1959), The Brides of Dracula (1960), Captain Clegg (1962), The Scarlet Blade (1963), The Reptile (1966), The Plague of the Zombies(1966) and The Mummy's Shroud (1967). Occasionally he was disguised almost beyond recognition, yet his raspy voice remained unmistakable. Some of his parts were little better than glorified bits (as in The Curse of the Werewolf), but his penultimate role for Hammer Films was a significant supporting part as a landlord in Scars of Dracula in 1970. (His very last Hammer role was as a railway worker in the atypical comedy That's Your Funeral two years later.)

He is also well remembered for his role as a jockey/horse trainer in The Belles of St Trinian's and the liftman in the next three of the St. Trinian's comedies, and on television for his role as Thomas the chauffeur in the BBC comedy Butterflies (1978–83) and as Burke, one of the two criminals in the youth television series Freewheelers (1968–71). His other TV roles include Mr Shepherd, Aunt Sally's owner, in Worzel Gummidge, Phunkey in The Pickwick Papers (1985) and the Drones Porter in Jeeves and Wooster (1990–91).

Doctor Omega

0000.jpg 00.jpg

Susan Denberg

Born Dietlinde Zechner
2 August 1944 (age 73)
Bad Polzin, Pomerania, Germany(present-day Polczyn-Zdrój, Zachodniopomorskie, Poland)
Susan Denberg (born Dietlinde Zechner; 2 August 1944,[1] Bad Polzin, Germany)[2] is a German-Austrian model and actress.

Background

Raised in Klagenfurt, Austria, Susan Denberg is the stage name for Dietlinde Zechner, a chorus dancer and 1966 Playboy playmate, who made a brief brush with an acting career in the late 1960s. In addition, she did stage and dancing in London and Las Vegas.

Denberg's best known acting role was in the Hammer horror film, Frankenstein Created Woman (1967), opposite Peter Cushing. However, Denberg's voice in the film was dubbed, as her Austrian accent was considered too strong. One of her few other acting roles was in the Star Trek episode, "Mudd's Women" (1966)

MV5BMTg1NDgxNzg3Nl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNjkxNDE1NTE@._V1_.jpg

After Frankenstein Created Woman, Denberg returned to Austria. Thereafter, for many years sources incorrectly reported that she had died in the late 1960s, either accidentally or through suicide.

Private life

Denberg married Anthony Scotti in Las Vegas (1965-1968). She had a son Wolfgang-Dieter in 1971; the father is of Yugoslavian descent, and a second child. Now as Dietlinde Scotti, she resides in the tenth district of Vienna, Austria.

Last edited:

Doctor Omega

s-l1600 (7).jpg

I did not find this out for years, but there was also a LEGEND OF THE 7 GOLDEN VAMPIRES vinyl album.... narrated by Peter Cushing and retelling the story of the film.

Much like the Christopher Lee DRACULA album....

I never owned it though, but was told of it's existence by an avid horror collector friend......

johnnybear

A friend of mine back in the seventies lent this to me and I copied it onto a tape! Think I listened to it maybe the once but unfortunately lost it afterwards! Cushing narrated the Golden Vampires and even missed out a bit of the action and the only piece of the film I could hear in the background was Dracula's gurgle after Van Helsing staked him!
JB