Fun The STAR WARS Franchise

johnnybear

Member: Rank 6
How long till the Disney dictatorship quashes production? Or limits it being seen on YouTube! Disney iz da only compnee halloud ta make Sterr Vorrs aneevere or aneetarm! Dese rools vill be adhered to za letter!
JB

johnnybear

HaHaHa I didn't see your post, doc, and I've said virtually the same thing although with a slant on the power mad corporations that run our entertainment whether we like it or not!
JB

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
“Ralph Breaks the Internet”, which had already screened for selected press to good reviews, will include action star Vin Diesel returning to voice his fan-favourite “Guardians of the Galaxy” role of Baby Groot. Other confirmed actors doing cameos with familiar characters include Tim Allen (Buzz Lightyear), Roger Craig Smith (Sonic the Hedgehog), Brad Garrett (Eeyore), Corey Burton (Grumpy), Anthony Daniels (C-3PO), and Michael Giacchino (FN-3181).

https://www.imdforums.com/threads/ralph-breaks-the-internet-2018.2769/

Doctor Omega

Simon Pegg: I Miss George Lucas’ Vision

simon-pegg-i-miss-george-lucas-vision-696x464.jpg

Beloved actor Simon Pegg is known for his opinion about the “Star Wars” franchise in the past, from the current state of its fandom to his famous criticism of George Lucas’ prequels.

Recently appearing on the Adam Buxton Podcast (via The Playlist), Pegg spoke about the films including Rian Johnson’s divisive entry “Star Wars: The Last Jedi” and then spun that out into a larger conversation about his disappointment with the overall films of the post-Lucas era:

“There was an odd thing with [‘The Last Jedi’] in that the people who didn’t like it were sort of being gaslighted by the people that did like it, who were just dismissing their complaints about the film as being fanboy butthurt. And yet, the whole thing is just eating itself in a hideous cultural soup. It’s a shame because it’s just a film.

I must admit, watching [‘The Last Jedi’], the overriding feeling I got when I came out was, ‘I miss George Lucas.’ For all the complaining that I’d done about him in the prequels, there was something amazing about his imagination.

Those first three [‘Star Wars’] films were the product of real collaboration. Then with the prequels, it was like, ‘Do what you want!’ And without someone to steer him in the right direction, it did overflow into slightly muddled kind of less elegance…. but I do feel like his voice is missing from the current ones.”

Pegg cameoed in the J.J. Abrams-directed “Star Wars: The Force Awakens” but it’s unclear if the director will bring back Pegg for the currently filming “Star Wars: Episode IX” which hits cinemas on December 20th 2019.

Doctor Omega

“Star Wars” Web Series “Galaxy” Announced

star-wars-web-series-galaxy-announced-696x464.jpg

Lucasfilm has announced “Star Wars Galaxy of Adventures,” a brand-new “Star Wars” animated series that is set to premiere online this week.

The show is a series of short cartoons that will air on the new “Star Wars” kids portal at lol.disney.com, as well as on the YouTube channel Star Wars Kids this Friday. Six shorts will be released simultaneously with plans to release more episodes through December.

The shorts are designed as fun and educational add-ons to help older fans, parents, and other mentors welcome kids in their lives to the galaxy far, far away. In other words, they’re designed to groom your kids to become “Star Wars” fans.

Check out the full trailer for the series below. Episodes are scheduled to follow throughout 2019 leading up to the theatrical release of “Star Wars: Episode IX” on December 20th 2019.

Doctor Omega

fcb40528f2b2a4b42ab5ca2a69e1dcd1aeda183bee1134fb7c83523254bee86c.jpg

This short fan-film is being embraced by quite a lot of fans.......

VADER EPISODE 1: SHARDS OF THE PAST - A STAR WARS THEORY FAN-FILM

Anakin Skywalker is DEAD. For eight months, the mysterious Darth Vader has enforced the Emperor's commands. Fighting between the loss of Padme, and the new cursed life he now leads, Vader must do what must be done when a surviving Jedi Master from Order 66 has lured him to the home planet of his late Wife's tomb...

johnnybear

The rich just can't have enough can they? Star Wars like any other major TV show belongs to the fans but like Star Trek Continues, they have to stop it so 'their' version, which is usually PC driven crap gets the acclaims!
JB

Doctor Omega

I think that the makers of STAR TREK CONTINUES and now this DARTH film should take it as a harsh lesson and now redirect their energies into creating their own universes. Ones which can't be snatched from them or crushed, and in which they would be able to use their creative experience from these projects.

In some respects, particularly after the Paramount TREK clampdown, it was perhaps naive of this guy to have bothered making the DARTH film in the first place and not expected some kind of Disney trouble.

In the above video he says, with sad defiance, at the end that he intends to continue with making Part II.

I would not bother if I were him. As a matter of pride, if nothing else. To me, he is basically saying "I want to be a money-making slave for Disney".

Fans are ranting and bitching in various Youtube videos at the moment, but I struggle to recall a time when outraged fans won a court case.

I think the people making these things would be fools to continue, due to the greedy corporations they are up against who do ultimately and sadly, have the legal upper hand, due to owning these characters etc. - and they also have the lawyers to crush any opposition. So with all that in mind, I do not think it is a battle worth fighting. At all.

People can always vote with their wallets at the box office, if they really want to strike back at Disney.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

STAR WARS THEORY: That was never a condition of our agreement.

DISNEY: Perhaps you think you are being treated.... unfairly?

STAR WARS THEORY: (Quietly. After a long pause.) No.

DISNEY: Good! It would be unfortunate if I had to leave my lawyers here.

(LEAVES.)

STAR WARS THEORY: (Walking away.) This deal's getting worse all the time....

Last edited:

Doctor Omega

Someone suggested this to him in the comments.....

Might i suggest The Copyright Deadlock? It's a method of including specific "copyright violations" from other entities in the beginning or end of the video that makes the video unmonatizable for anyone, even for the greedy companies like Disney. You can search "Copyright Deadlock" and there's a lot of good explanations for methods of implementation. Jim Sterling is the one who founded the method so I'd recommend him

Yep, delete the original off YouTube, change the music score, re upload with the copyright so no one can monetize off your work. If you can’t get money for your hard work, be damned somebody else will!

Not sure how viable this is.

Doctor Omega

LUCASFILM STEPS IN! ORDERS THEM TO REMOVE CLAIM! JUSTICE!!

Lucasfilm...whatever you did, whoever it was...Thank you... The last few days have been heavy, but without the support of YOU all...our voices wouldn't have been heard. YOU made the difference here. Let it be known, that today, will be a day long remembered in the Star Wars fandom. The force is strong, my friends, and it is with us all. Show Lucasfilm some love on their social media. They stepped up and had our backs when all hope was lost. - https://www.instagram.com/lucasfilm/?...

Doctor Omega

Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order

Respawn Entertainment and EA’s action-adventure game “Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order” will be revealed in Chicago during the Star Wars Celebration on April 13th. The game centers around a Padawan who survived Order 66 and explores the galaxy in the time after the fall of the Jedi Order.