Review American Gods (2016)

chainsaw_metal1

Member: Rank 8
AGDG.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just watched the pilot for the new Starz series based on Neil Gaiman's novel, and damn! This is going to be great! For those who haven't read the novel, it essentially presents the idea that the old gods of various myths are in America, but their power is waning due to the lack of believers. Shadow Moon, a man fresh out of prison is hired as a bodyguard for Mr. Wednesday (played brilliantly by Ian McShane), a mysterious man who seems to know quite a bit about Shadow. Great cast, and of course, I love pretty much anything by Gaiman. I think this is going to be a really awesome series.

Last edited by a moderator:

ant-mac

Member: Rank 9
For some reason, when I saw the title, AMERICAN GODS, I immediately thought of the gun, the bible and the almighty dollar...

Of course here in Australia, our gods are the beer, the barbeque and the blonde with the big boobs.

Elliot Thomas

Member: Rank 3
Just watched the pilot for the new Starz series based on Neil Gaiman's novel, and damn! This is going to be great! For those who haven't read the novel, it essentially presents the idea that the old gods of various myths are in America, but their power is waning due to the lack of believers. Shadow Moon, a man fresh out of prison is hired as a bodyguard for Mr. Wednesday (played brilliantly by Ian McShane), a mysterious man who seems to know quite a bit about Shadow. Great cast, and of course, I love pretty much anything by Gaiman. I think this is going to be a really awesome series.
That's so great to hear. Was hoping it'd be good. I've missed McShane bigtime since Al Schweringen was taken off the air!!

Gavin

Member: Rank 6
VIP
I must get cracking on reading this book. Got it for my birthday a couple of months ago and have only had time to read the first few chapters so far. Another thing to add to my must watch list as well.

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
“American Gods” Gets A Second Season

american-gods-premiere-date.jpg

In one of the least surprising bits of news this year, Starz has given its “American Gods” series a second season renewal.

Bryan Fuller and Michael Green’s adaptation of Neil Gaiman’s 2001 award-winning novel premiered on the premium cable network on April 30th to solid reviews and ratings.

Ian McShane and Ricky Whittle lead the mythological fantasy drama with the first episode having garnered more than five million viewers total so far over multiple airings and online.

While a specific number of episodes for the second season has not been determined, it’s expected to be at least the eight that the first season had.

The first season is said to have only adapted around one-third of the novel which means there’s plenty of material left to mine. The show’s second season is expected to launch in mid-2018.

Source: Starz

chainsaw_metal1

I thought it strange that they would do the entire novel in 8 episodes. Glad to see it will continue. And, if they finish, they can always go on and do Ananci Boys.

A

American Band

I'm sorry American Band, but your post has been deleted because it contravenes the CODE OF CONDUCT.

You are in violation of rule two and rule seven.

02. Please conduct yourself in a civilized and reasonable manner on this forum and abide by the decisions of all staff members at all times. Please treat all other members in a civilized and respectful manner. All members should promote harmony on this forum. Do not disrupt the normal and orderly operation of this forum in any way. Doing so may result in temporary suspension or permanent expulsion.

07. Do not defame and / or harass other members privately and / or publicly on this forum. Do not harass other members on matters of creed, culture, gender or sexuality. Doing so may result in temporary suspension or permanent expulsion.

Please familiarize yourself with the CODE OF CONDUCT.

If you wish to discuss this matter further for any reason, please contact a staff member via the conversation function.

chainsaw_metal1

Oh goodie. I was so afraid that the mindless alt-Reich had disappeared after the demise of IMDb. How I've missed the Trumpbots invading message boards simply to stir the pot.

A

American Band

I'm sorry American Band, but your post has been deleted because it contravenes the CODE OF CONDUCT.

You are in violation of rule two and rule seven.

02. Please conduct yourself in a civilized and reasonable manner on this forum and abide by the decisions of all staff members at all times. Please treat all other members in a civilized and respectful manner. All members should promote harmony on this forum. Do not disrupt the normal and orderly operation of this forum in any way. Doing so may result in temporary suspension or permanent expulsion.

07. Do not defame and / or harass other members privately and / or publicly on this forum. Do not harass other members on matters of creed, culture, gender or sexuality. Doing so may result in temporary suspension or permanent expulsion.

You have already been warned about your behaviour on this thread, but you chose to ignore that warning. Therefore, you are now banned from this thread until further notice.

Please familiarize yourself with the CODE OF CONDUCT.

If you wish to discuss this matter further for any reason, please contact a staff member via the conversation function.

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
Spoiler clip from upcoming episode.......

Gillian Does Bowie In “American Gods” Clip

gillian-does-bowie-in-american-gods-clip-696x464.jpg

Starz has released a clip of Gillian Anderson’s next appearance on “American Gods” as the new god Media.

First showing up with a look inspired by Lucille Ball, her appearance in this coming weekend’s fifth episode of the series sees her take on one of David Bowie’s iconic looks.

In the clip, Media tells Technical Boy that he better do right by the ominous Mr World (Crispin Glover)… or else. Check it out below. The episode airs Sunday night on Starz in the United States, and on Amazon Prime Video around much of the rest of the world.

Janine The Barefoot

Wacky Norwegian Woman
the blonde with the big boobs.

Even if.... gravity actually does work? (hence the discovery of the bra!)
And....... the hair leans a bit towards red (although the discovery of hair color makes that optional)

Cause I'm down for the BBQ, don't have a gun and can't worship the dollar because it's just got no substance anymore!!!!

:emoji_kiss: And this time, I'm joining the line with my DBs :emoji_dancer::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers:

Janine The Barefoot

Wacky Norwegian Woman
Oh goodie. I was so afraid that the mindless alt-Reich had disappeared after the demise of IMDb. How I've missed the Trumpbots invading message boards simply to stir the pot.
Still, from an outside perspective, I've got to admit it would have been fun to see you wrangle a troll my friend! Just remember to wear plaid under your armor and never, repeat, never.... try to draw down on a wandering Granny Gang! Trolls yes... they can be managed!
Grannies no... best leave them to the professionals. You know, like someone from the "Ministry of Funny Walks" or something!

But I still do really want to see you guys wrangling a troll!....does that make me a bad girl? :emoji_smiling_imp:

Ahhhh... who the hell cares? I can't help it.... I just want to see some good, old-fashioned troll wrangling! :emoji_punch::emoji_yum:
Damn time zone anyway!

Love you all!

:emoji_kiss::emoji_dancer: And for a COC that keeps us all safe all the time: :emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers: