Review Annabelle: Creation (2017) August 11th

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
New Trailer & Poster: “Annabelle: Creation”

new-trailer-and-poster-annabelle-creation-696x464.jpg

Warner Bros. Pictures has released both a new poster and a this trailer for the upcoming horror sequel “Annabelle: Creation” which opens on August 11th.

A prequel to “The Conjuring” spin-off, the sotry follows a dollmaker and his wife (Anthony La Paglia and Miranda Otto) who, several years after the tragic death of their little girl, welcome a nun (Stephanie Sigman) and several girls from a shuttered orphanage into their home.

Very soon, however, they become the target of the dollmaker’s possessed creation, Annabelle. Talitha Bateman and Lulu Wilson also star. David F. Sandberg (“Lights Out”) directs from a screenplay by Gary Dauberman.

duzit

Member: Rank 6
This looks pretty scary to me as I do not like any films that deal with dolls. I don't have a logical explanation for my dislike. I had many happy hours as a child playing with dolls, so it's just a quirk of mine. However, I do like Anthony La Paglia so I will wait for this one to hit streaming when I can stop watching if I get weirded out...:emoji_ghost:

Doctor Omega

“Annabelle: Creation” Set For Strong Box-Office

annabelle-creation-set-for-strong-box-office-696x464.jpg

“Annabelle: Creation,” the sequel that’s a prequel to the first spin-off of “The Conjuring” franchise, pulled in a strong $4 million on Thursday night and is on track to earn in the $25-30 million range for its opening weekend.

That preview night amount is double the $2.1 million its predecessor earned in Thursday night previews, and more than the $3.4 million last year’s “The Conjuring 2” scored. Those films went on to respectively gross $257 million and $320 million worldwide.

Reviews for it are much more robust than their predecessor with a 63/100 Metacriticscore, putting it above the 37/100 for the first “Annabelle” and in the range of the two “The Conjuring” films which scored a 68 and a 65.

The film should easily beat out fellow newcomers “The Nut Job 2: Nutty by Nature” which is looking at $15 million for the weekend, and “The Glass Castle” which is hovering at an opening of around $5 million.

Doctor Omega

“Annabelle” Tops Box-Office With $35M

annabelle-tops-box-office-with-35m-696x464.jpg

The R-rated prequel “Annabelle: Creation” topped this weekend’s box-office with a better than anticipated $35 million, easily scaring off the competition but just slightly behind the previous three films in the “Conjuring” horror franchise. The film also took in a further $35 million overseas.

Christopher Nolan’s “Dunkirk” held steady in second place with $11.4 million and crossed the $150 million mark domestically, while the animated sequel “The Nut Job 2” opened in third with $8.9 million – less than half the $19.4 million collected by the original in its 2014 bow.

Sony’s “The Dark Tower” dropped from No. 1 to No. 4 in its second turn with $7.9 million, while “Girls Trip” rounded out the top five with $6.5 million. The only other newcomer, “The Glass Castle,” came in ninth with $4.9 million.

Both “Detroit” and “An Inconvenient Sequel: Truth to Power” are struggling with neither making the top ten. On the limited release front, “Ingrid Goes West” opened to a strong screen average of $47,072.