Fun Asian Actors/Actress that could pass up as siblings in movies...

sitenoise

Member: Rank 5
Funny I don't see much resemblance in these Gong and Lim Soo-Jung. Here's one you guys probably won't see:
aoi-miyazaki.jpg Fumi.jpg313hqp4.jpg

divemaster13

Member: Rank 4
My sister-in-law looks uncannily like Gong Li. In fact, that first photo in the thread, if it were't for the gold fru-fru, I'd have to take three hard looks to make sure that wasn't my sister-in-law.

Which is really weird, because my sister-in-law is Korean and Gong Li is Chinese.

plsletitrain

My sister-in-law looks uncannily like Gong Li. In fact, that first photo in the thread, if it were't for the gold fru-fru, I'd have to take three hard looks to make sure that wasn't my sister-in-law.

Which is really weird, because my sister-in-law is Korean and Gong Li is Chinese.
Your sister-in-law must be very beautiful.

Before, when I didn't start watching Asian movies yet, I had a hard time distinguishing a Korean/Japanese/Chinese beauty. I still do today, but at least I am now more familiar with their distinct facial features.

sitenoise

Those two look similar to me, but probably it's the same person :emoji_blush:
Hi Elenaor! Thanks for playing. The first photo (of the two you posted) is of Fumi Nikaido. The second is Aoi Miyazaki, as is the single one after those.
(So the three I posted goes: Aoi, Fumi, Aoi)
I find them uncannily look-a-like.

divemaster13

Member: Rank 4
Before, when I didn't start watching Asian movies yet, I had a hard time distinguishing a Korean/Japanese/Chinese beauty. I still do today, but at least I am now more familiar with their distinct facial features.
I'm actually better than my wife at guessing Asian ethnicities. We'll be at the mall or walking through the neighborhood, and I'll see a guy, or a family, and say "Chinese" or "Thai" or whatever. She won't be sure. A lot of times there's no way to confirm, but if you catch some of the language, that'll do it. I'm right way more often then she is. But here in Northern Virginia, it's a pretty safe bet to guess "Korean." The Korean population here is HUGE. Numerous Korean supermarkets, travel agencies, spas, karaoke, restaurants. And churches. Every block seemingly there are churches. Lots and lots of Korean churches.