Fun Asian actors who need to get in line behind Ryan Gosling...

sitenoise

Member: Rank 5
... because they are nothing more than pretty faces (I'm told) who can't act their way out of a paper bag. I have enjoyed a number of films with some of them modeling, but we need to be fair. It's easy to bash Hollywood actor/models because ... well, I dunno why, but I know it's easy. So without further ado:

Woo-sung Jung:

Woo-sung Jung.jpg

Louis Koo:
Louis Koo.jpg

Gong Yoo:
Gong Yoo.jpg

And a special award goes to Han Suk-Kyu. I don't know that anyone thinks he handsome but he is the most useless, self-absorbed, unable to act actor I've ever seen.

Han Suk-Kyu.jpg

plsletitrain

Much as I love to look at the actors that @sitenoise listed, but yeah, Jung Woo-Sung and Gong Yoo look wooden and constipated when try to elicit that crying look. cry.gif Like, instead of crying, we cringe. In all fairness to Ryan Gosling, he impressed me at La La Land. Still not enough though for me to start looking into his filmography. biggrin.gif

@divemaster13
Rain can act, I've seen him evolve from his singing career to his acting career in shows and movies. His attitude is the setback.

This is a cool thread sitenoise! I'll think of others.

plsletitrain

I love Takeshi Kaneshiro but for some reason he wears the same clown face in all his scenes whether it be an action, crying, or poker-face scene.

sitenoise

Boy band types sort of go without saying. Really, anybody who came into acting from singing. They're a different breed.