Review ASMR

Discussion in 'Religion & Spirituality' started by Hux, Mar 12, 2017.

1. Hux

Hux Member: Rank 6

I'm putting this here coz.... um... I guess it has a spiritual aspect.

So Automatic Sensory Meridian Response (ASMR) is that feeling you get when someone is talking softly and you get a tingling sensation in your head, neck etc. It can be triggered by various other sounds or hand movements etc. There's a ton of videos on YouTube. I've become slightly addicted to them (especially the 10 hour long videos of rain on a tent... my favourite).

Here's just a taste of some of them (it's best to listen with headphones).

2. TheSowIsMine

TheSowIsMine What an excellent day for an exorcism
    Staff Member VIP

I know that tent one, isn't cool he has a tv in there :)
    Anyway, I listen to asmr to calm down or when I can't sleep, but I don't like the talking ones. I like brushing sounds and there is this guy who does amazing fast tapping.

3. chainsaw_metal1

chainsaw_metal1 Member: Rank 8

I tried to watch an ASMR video that was a comic book discussion. I got through about a minute of it and clicked on another video. There were a couple of other talking ones I tried, but they just pissed me off. I might try the sound ones, but the talking ones annoy me. I'm certain that it has more to do with the fact that I destroyed my hearing playing in bands in the 90s, but I can't make it through a 10 minute video of someone whispering.

But as far as calming sounds, I used to have a tape of Buddhist chants I would listen to, or I would put some classical music on. I also used to fall asleep listening to Slayer, so I think something might be wrong with my brain.

4. McQualude

McQualude Member: Rank 3

They do help me fall asleep. I admit a certain fondness toward those with a woman's voice.