News Australian Cricketers Admit To Ball Tampering

Discussion in 'Sports' started by ant-mac, Mar 25, 2018.

1. ant-mac

ant-mac Administrator
    Staff Member

Australian cricketer Cameron Bancroft has admitted to ball tampering against South Africa in the third test match held in Cape Town. During the cricket match, television footage showed Bancroft take sticky tape out of his trouser pocket before rubbing it on the ball. On discovering that footage of the incident had been broadcast, Bancroft put the tape down the front of his trousers, before he was spoken to by the on-field umpires.

Speaking after the event Bancroft admitted that once he was sighted on the big screens, he panicked quite a lot. At a later press conference, Australian Cricket Team captain, Steve Smith, admitted that the plan to tamper with the ball was concocted by the leadership group within the Australian Cricket Team.

Personally, I believe that those members in the leadership group of the Australian Cricket Team who conspired to cheat should be immediately dismissed. They should all be given a lifetime ban and stripped of all awards and trophies they may have received throughout their cricket careers.

Furthermore, the current Australian tour of South Africa should be immediately halted. The Australians should immediately return home and the South Africans should be awarded overall victory for all cricket matches that were to be played in all categories of cricket during the tour. And if anyone has a problem with that, you know who to blame for it...

Those cheating bastards in the Australian Cricket Team who've ruined Australia's international sporting reputation and brought the game of cricket into disrepute. Fucking scum.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Gavin

Gavin Member: Rank 6
    VIP

I don't know. Our reputation as a nation of sledgers isn't exactly the reputation we like to believe we have.

Also given the hysteria about this incident (although I agree with the sanctions imposed) I'd like to know where all the outrage is around our footballers who beat their girlfriends or wives, or commit rapes. They don't seem to get anywhere near the attention (or the penalties) that these three have.

3. ant-mac

ant-mac Administrator
    Staff Member

That's certainly true.

While a little good-spirited ribbing between friendly teams can enhance a cricket match, the apparent style of sledging employed by the Aussies is far from acceptable. To paraphrase a certain saying: "It's not cricket."
    I think they got off far too lightly. I'm sick to fucking death of people who make excuses for bad-sports and cheaters. It's long past time when new standards were introduced into cricket - and sports in general. A few high profile athletes should be made an example of, just to make sure the message gets through to the slow learners.

As for the other sports you mentioned, I'm not really familiar with them. However, if an individual commits a crime, they should be prosecuted and punished for it. People should be held responsible for their actions.

• Like Like x 1