Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
Brendan Cowell Joins The “Avatar” Sequels

brendan-cowell-joins-the-avatar-sequels-696x464.jpg

Australian actor and filmmaker Brendan Cowell has joined the cast of James Cameron’s “Avatar” sequels. Cowell’s casting was announced by the film’s official social media channels.

Cowell will play Mick Scoresby, captain of a private sector large-scale marine hunting vessel on Pandora. The actor is slated to begin shooting the movies in May in New Zealand.

A staple of Australian television and film since the turn of the century, Cowell broke through on the series “Love My Way” and films like “Beneath Hill 60,” “Noise” and “Three Blind Mice”. Internationally he appeared in series such as “Game of Thrones,” “The Borgias” and “Press”.

Doctor Omega

Vin Diesel Joins The “Avatar” Sequels?

vin-diesel-joins-the-avatar-sequels-696x464.jpg

In a new posting on his official Instagram account, actor Vin Diesel seems to suggest he’s scored a role in the upcoming “Avatar” sequels.

Appearing with Cameron on the set of the productions, the actor says “there is one person in Hollywood I’ve always wanted to work with and learn from” and indicated Cameron behind him. Diesel also tagged the post with “And the journey continues… #Blessed #Grateful #Avatar”.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bv0Mu2tHtBo/?utm_source=ig_embed

While some filming already took place last year according to actress Sigourney Weaver, the project is about to begin a major block of shooting and recently hired Brendan Cowell to join the cast.

If Diesel isn’t just visiting the set and is onboard, it’s expected his role won’t be much more than a cameo. The actor recently filmed the comic adaptation “Bloodshot” and is scheduled to begin shooting the ninth “Fast and Furious” film in June.

Diesel joins a cast that includes Weaver, Cowell, Sam Worthington, Zoe Saldana, Joel David Moore, CCH Pounder, Stephen Lang, Giovanni Ribisi, Kate Winslet, Oona Chaplin, Edie Falco, Cliff Curtis, Matt Gerald, Dileep Rao, Britain Dalton, Filip Geljo, Jamie Flatters, Bailey Bass, Trinity Bliss, Jack Champion and Duane Evans Jr.

The first of the four sequels is set to open December 18th 2020.

ant-mac

Member: Rank 9
Vin Diesel Joins The “Avatar” Sequels?

View attachment 16545

In a new posting on his official Instagram account, actor Vin Diesel seems to suggest he’s scored a role in the upcoming “Avatar” sequels.

Appearing with Cameron on the set of the productions, the actor says “there is one person in Hollywood I’ve always wanted to work with and learn from” and indicated Cameron behind him. Diesel also tagged the post with “And the journey continues… #Blessed #Grateful #Avatar”.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bv0Mu2tHtBo/?utm_source=ig_embed

While some filming already took place last year according to actress Sigourney Weaver, the project is about to begin a major block of shooting and recently hired Brendan Cowell to join the cast.

If Diesel isn’t just visiting the set and is onboard, it’s expected his role won’t be much more than a cameo. The actor recently filmed the comic adaptation “Bloodshot” and is scheduled to begin shooting the ninth “Fast and Furious” film in June.

Diesel joins a cast that includes Weaver, Cowell, Sam Worthington, Zoe Saldana, Joel David Moore, CCH Pounder, Stephen Lang, Giovanni Ribisi, Kate Winslet, Oona Chaplin, Edie Falco, Cliff Curtis, Matt Gerald, Dileep Rao, Britain Dalton, Filip Geljo, Jamie Flatters, Bailey Bass, Trinity Bliss, Jack Champion and Duane Evans Jr.

The first of the four sequels is set to open December 18th 2020.
I can't wait to see him go screaming through the delicate ecosystem of Pandora in his souped-up V8 muscle car... :emoji_smiling_imp:

Doctor Omega

Michelle Yeoh Joins The “Avatar” Sequels

michelle-yeoh-joins-the-avatar-sequels-696x464.jpg

The one and only Michelle Yeoh is taking a break from her “Star Trek: Discovery” commitments to take on a key role in another sci-fi franchise – “Avatar”.

The “Crazy Rich Asians” actress is set to play scientist Dr. Karina Mogue in James Cameron’s forthcoming follow-up films, with her casting announced on the official social media channels for the film..

Cameron says: “Throughout her career, Michelle has always created unique and memorable characters. I look forward to working with Michelle to do the same thing on the Avatar sequels.”

Yeoh will be seen later this year in Paul Feig’s “Last Christmas” and Joe Carnahan’s “Boss Level”.

ant-mac

Member: Rank 9
Michelle Yeoh Joins The “Avatar” Sequels

View attachment 16640

The one and only Michelle Yeoh is taking a break from her “Star Trek: Discovery” commitments to take on a key role in another sci-fi franchise – “Avatar”.

The “Crazy Rich Asians” actress is set to play scientist Dr. Karina Mogue in James Cameron’s forthcoming follow-up films, with her casting announced on the official social media channels for the film..

Cameron says: “Throughout her career, Michelle has always created unique and memorable characters. I look forward to working with Michelle to do the same thing on the Avatar sequels.”

Yeoh will be seen later this year in Paul Feig’s “Last Christmas” and Joe Carnahan’s “Boss Level”.
I wasn't expecting her to appear until sequel 31... :emoji_wink: