Review Avengers: Endgame (2019)

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
Has Zoe Saldana revealed Avengers 4 title?

Has Zoe Saldana let slip that the title of the fourth Avengers film is Avengers: Infinity Gauntlet?

Speaking at the Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol. 2 premiere, the actress, who plays Gamora, talked about the involvement of Guardians stars in the Avengers films.

Asked about the third Avengers film, she said: "I think the Guardians just shot their part when it comes to Infinity War.

"And we all have to go back for Gauntlet later this year."

The Avengers and The Guardians of the Galaxy are all part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

So far they have appeared in separate films, but will join forces in the next two Avengers films. Avengers: Infinity War and its sequel, which we which now know could well be called Gauntlet.

The infinity gauntlet is a glove specially made to hold infinity stones, including the power stone, the space stone, the reality stone, the mind stone, the time stone and the soul stone.

When all the stones are held by the infinity gauntlet, it gives the wearer the powers of a god.

The Infinity Gauntlet was also a six-issue comic book limited series published by Marvel Comics from July to December in 1991.

Guardians of the Galaxy 2 is out next month.

Avengers Infinity War is due out in 2018, with Gauntlet slated for release in 2019.

Last edited:

Doctor Omega

The Fourth “Avengers” Begins Production

the-fourth-avengers-begins-production-696x464.jpg

After taking a brief breather following their work on “Avengers: Infinity War,” directors Joe and Anthony Russo have officially begun filming on the fourth film in the “Avengers” series.

The pair marked the occasion by posting a photo to their social media channels with a glove holding up four fingers. Whom the glove belongs to is a matter already being speculated about.

Marvel has not revealed the title of the fourth film because said title is supposed to be a spoiler in itself as to events in ‘Infinity War’. Both movies effectively serve as the culmination of storylines that began with 2008’s “Iron Man,” and where the Marvel cinematic universe goes in their wake is anyone’s guess.

“Avengers: Infinity War” opens May 4th 2018, the fourth film hits May 3rd 2019.

Doctor Omega

Fourth “Avengers” Heading To Scotland In 2018

fourth-avengers-heading-to-scotland-in-2018-696x464.jpg

Production kicked off on a fourth film in the “Avengers” franchise last month and it was expected shooting would continue until the end of the year.

Now though, it seems filming may go on a bit longer as a new report indicates production is eyeing a shoot in Glasgow and Edinburgh in Scotland next summer. An insider for The Daily Record says:

“A second Avengers film is penciled in for filming in Scotland in 2018. People have been put on standby for another movie next year. It won’t be until July because the Infinity War premiere is around May and all the cast will be tied up doing promo for that for a month. It’s exciting news that people behind something as big as Avengers want to come back to shoot another film here. This is a fantastic boost for the Scottish film industry.”

That suggests Scotland will be the site of some scheduled additional photography, or simply a sequence that requires being done at a later date to the main shoot. Parts of “Avengers: Infinity War” were filmed earlier this year in Edinburgh which is playing itself. Glasgow, on the other hand, is expected to stand in for a major U.S. metropolis.

Marvel still hasn’t revealed the official title for a fourth “Avengers” and isn’t expected to do so until after “Avengers: Infinity War” is released on May 4th next year.

Doctor Omega

Fourth “Avengers” Longer Than “Infinity War”?

fourth-avengers-longer-than-infinity-war-696x464.jpg

Joe and Anthony Russo participated in the “Avengers: Infinity War” junket this weekend and while speaking with Collider, the pair were asked if they think the upcoming fourth “Avengers” film next year will run longer than Infinity War’s 160 minute runtime.

Joe Russo responds: “I do”. Anthony Russo says the rough cut of the fourth film: “is pretty long… also I don’t know you can even properly call it a rough cut because… it’s more like an assembly”. Joe adds: “It’s our longest rough cut of any to date”.

Asked if they think it could be a three-hour film, Anthony Russo says: “They [Disney] have never put a time…to their credit we’ve never gotten a time mandate from them.” Joe Russo adds: “I’d say it could easily be a three-hour film, but I’ll say we work very hard on the material. We like it to play at a certain pace…I’m sure that will squeeze it. I do think it will be longer than Avengers 3.”

The pair has previously said they won’t be revealing the title of the next film until well into the release of ‘Infinity War’, in fact Scarlet Witch herself Elizabeth Olson has indicated the actors don’t know the title either. The Russos tell Yahoo UK: “It’s going to be quite a long while before people see that title. We need people to see this movie, digest this movie, and then we can tell them what the next story is they’re going to see.”

They also say that due to the amount of characters in ‘Infinity War’ and various scenes being played around with and boasting a lot of improvisation, there will be plenty of cut scenes and alternate takes for the home video release.

Estimates have the $300 million-budgeted ‘Infinity War’ scoring a $248 million domestic opening weekend. The film has its premiere Monday night in Los Angeles, the first time it will be shown in full anywhere in the world, with media screenings then happening afterwards. First reactions are expected online late Tuesday as the film starts opening around the world from Wednesday.

Doctor Omega

Russos, Bautista Offer “Avengers 4” Update

disney-says-a-fifth-avengers-is-likely-696x464.jpg

Despite the problems that Disney has had with “Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3,” problems that have seen production and release of that film delayed indefinitely at this point, the rest of the Marvel Studios machine seems to be operating smoothly.

Case in point are directors Joe and Anthony Russo who this week provided an update on how work is progressing on the fourth “Avengers” film. Speaking with Deadline, the pair says they’re going at a pretty relaxed pace and will still have the film effectively complete by March next year ahead of a late April/early May release. Anthony Russo says:

“We’ve worked on the edit all summer and we’re excited to finally get these missing pieces in the film and then we expect to be in post through the fall and winter. We hope to be done by March. It was so gratifying that in a movie with this scope and scale and that wide of an audience, that we were able to end with a gut punch and yet the audience stayed with us and found value and kept coming back.

It’s a rare thing to find in commercial filmmaking and we know it had a lot to do with the capital that’s been built up around these characters for the last ten years of Marvel filmmaking. The audience is so invested in these characters that they’re willing to stick with them even through the hard stuff. It has been out great pleasure as storytellers to take them through that hard stuff and have it be a cathartic and even entertaining experience at times.”

Actor Dave Bautista, who has been a vocal critic of Disney over the “Guardians” mess, tells Digital Spy he’s not sure what’s going on with the next direct ‘Guardians’ film and isn’t quite sure if that will impact “Avengers 4”:

“It’s kind of a strange situation to be in now where we’ve lost our director for Guardians. Guardians 3 is really up in the air and I don’t know what they’re going to do with it. It’s on permanent hold for now, and that may make a difference in what they do with our characters in Avengers 4. To be honest with you, right now I really don’t know.

But I know I’m in Avengers 4. I’ve shot most of it already. I do have two days of reshoots. But other than that, I have some really great scenes that I hope they use. But I guess that it remains to be seen what they’ll do with the characters.”

Bautista also revealed in the same interview that he has actually auditioned for a couple of “Star Wars” films but they turned him down. He adds he’s not a big fan of the current films bar “Rogue One”.

Doctor Omega

Next “Avengers” Adding Some Extra Wakanda?

next-avengers-doubling-down-on-wakanda-696x464.jpg

Both “Avengers: Infinity War” and the still untitled fourth “Avengers” film were effectively finished filming by the time “Black Panther” hit screens back in February.

That film’s massive success, which went beyond even Marvel’s wildest expectations, probably had the studio breathing a sigh of relief considering how much of the third act of ‘Infinity War’ was set in the fictional country of Wakanda – home of the Black Panther.

Now a new report from Atlanta Filming, which deals with projects shot in the Georgian city including many Marvel films, says the upcoming additional photography on the film suggests we’ll see a bunch more action involving the world of and characters from “Black Panther” in this film than we did in the last one according to the official casting & filming documentation they’ve received:

“Based on the locations and the casting it looks like #Avengers4 will have a whole lot more #BlackPanther in it than #AvengersInfinityWar. So that’s less a reshoot and more an addition of goodness.”

Directors Joe and Anthony Russo have indicated the new film will be in post-production through to March, with some quite standard additional photography soon to get underway – though it isn’t expected to be much. The inclusion of some extra scenes either in Wakanda or involving surviving characters like Okoye and Shuri is a smart move.

The only other person who has been talking about the reshoots lately has been actor Dave Bautista who has previously said he has a few days of additional filming to do for the next “Avengers”. Whether it will be the last time we see him as Drax isn’t clear.

The fourth “Avengers” opens in May next year.

Doctor Omega

Ruffalo: “Avengers 4” Still A Work In Progress

ruffalo-avengers-4-still-a-work-in-progress-696x464.jpg

Additional filming on the fourth “Avengers” was widely expected. With a full year between entries and most of the movie in the can, directors Joe and Anthony Russo have the time to not only make plenty of tweaks but also adjust the story for the fourth film based on the reaction to ‘Infinity War’.

So it comes as no huge surprise that actor Mark Ruffalo has revealed in an appearance on The Marvelists podcast (via Comicbook.com) that despite so much shooting on the fourth film having been done already, it is still a work in progress with the additional photography not just tweaking existing scenes but also filming a bunch of scenes that have yet to be done:

“We’re doing reshoots starting in September, and then we’ll go back into the international tour, we’ll go on tour. Then you guys will get the second installment. Which we don’t even know what it’s gonna be yet. We’re not just doing reshoots; we’re going to finish the movie, which we really didn’t get to finish totally when we left it last year.

I don’t even know that they [the Russos] really know exactly. Some of it is happening while we’re there. It’s pretty amazing. And we’ll shoot some stuff and a few days later come back and reshoot it cause we wanna take it in another direction. It’s a very living organism, even as we approach it being a locked picture, we’re still working on it.”

Shooting on the fourth “Avengers” took place from August last year through to January, with the Russos also working on post-production on ‘Infinity War’. Set photos have already begun leaking from the additional filming which just got underway in Atlanta with photos of actors Chris Evans, Scarlett Johansson and Paul Rudd popping up online. Additionally, That Hashtag Show reports that older Howard Stark actor John Slattery was recently spotted filming scenes with Robert Downey Jr. as his son Tony Stark.

The fourth “Avengers” will open in cinemas on May 3rd 2019.

Doctor Omega

Chris Evans Wraps “Avengers,” Joins “Knives”

chris-evans-wraps-avengers-joins-knives-696x464.jpg

Chris Evans has officially wrapped all his filming on the fourth “Avengers” film and posted a message to fans and colleagues which seems to reinforce the talk that this will be his final outing as Steve Rogers/Captain America.

Deadline adds that Evans is already moving on and has signed on to co-star in Rian Johnson’s upcoming film “Knives Out” alongside Daniel Craig. That project is a modern-day whodunnit murder mystery with an Agatha Christie style. Of his wrap on the next “Avengers,” Evans says:

“Officially wrapped on Avengers 4. It was an emotional day to say the least. Playing this role over the last 8 years has been an honor. To everyone in front of the camera, behind the camera, and in the audience, thank you for the memories! Eternally grateful.”

Reshoots started last month for the film to capture new footage and finalise the ending. “Avengers 4,” which has yet to reveal its true title, stars Robert Downey Jr., Mark Ruffalo, Scarlett Johansson, Chris Hemsworth, Tom Hiddleston, Anthony Mackie, Paul Bettany, Elizabeth Olson, Jeremy Renner, Chadwick Boseman, Sebastian Stan, Don Cheadle, Chris Pratt, Dave Bautista, Zoe Saldana, Pom Klementieff, Benedict Cumberbatch, Benedict Wong, Sean Gunn, Tom Holland, Paul Rudd, Jon Favreau, Brie Larson, Karen Gillan, Gwyneth Paltrow, Evangeline Lilly and Josh Brolin. It is set to hit theaters on May 3rd 2019.

Doctor Omega

Avengers 4
The Russo Brothers have announced that filming has officially wrapped on the additional filming on the still-untitled fourth “Avengers” film at Marvel Studios. The film is slated to open May 3rd 2019.

Doctor Omega

Chris Evans Clarifies “Avengers 4” Comment

beaba.jpg

When actor Chris Evans tweeted from his final day on the set of the fourth “Avengers” film, it started an online storm of fan speculation about the fate of his Captain America character.

With contracts up and Evans having previously expressed a desire to move on, suspicion is already high that Steve Rogers won’t survive the new film. Evans’ tweet seemed to confirm that, suggesting the end of the additional filming block on “Avengers 4” is the last time he’s playing the character.

Appearing at Ace Comic Con over the weekend, the actor has discussed his goodbye tweet and says he doesn’t want people to think it’s as final as it might suggest.ComicBook.com reports that Evans said:

“I should clarify that I know I did tweet something that made a lot of people think that it was in some way a spoiler. I should clarify that regardless of how Avengers 4 ends, I would have tweeted the exact same thing. That last day of filming was a very emotional day, and it was the culmination of almost 10 years of filming and 22 movies, this unbelievable tapestry. You feel a lot more emotions than I think even I thought I’d feel. And I felt it was appropriate to share the gratitude. I know it had a ripple effect but I am neither confirming or denying anything.”

Separately he tells CBR that the last line of dialogue he says for the film wasn’t some grand statement:

“It was something really stupid, it was something really dumb. Which I also probably can’t give away. Well, you know, it was reshoots, so you’re doing these little picks and pops, and it’s just little things that they need. It might have been a line to Paul Rudd. He wasn’t there, but it was a stupid line. The line wasn’t memorable to me [laughs]. The day was more memorable than the line.”

Filming is close to finishing on the first post-“Avengers 4” MCU feature – “Spider-Man: Far From Home,” what comes next isn’t clear but “Doctor Strange 2” is the likeliest candidate and could be in front of the cameras by early next year for an early-mid 2020 release.

Doctor Omega

Langford, Swinton Set For “Avengers 4”

langford-swinton-set-for-avengers-4-696x464.jpg

“13 Reasons Why” star Katherine Langford has been revealed to have a secret role in the upcoming fourth “Avengers” film at Marvel Studios.

The actress has reportedly already shot her scenes with the role only expected to be a small one, but further specifics are unavailable. It is believed she filmed all her scenes during the recent block of additional filming only and not during the production’s main shoot last year.

The hiring comes as executive producer Michael Grillo confirmed to SuperBroMoviesat the Austin Film Festival this week that Tilda Swinton’s The Ancient One from “Doctor Strange” will have a tiny cameo in the movie – the production shooting a scene during her single day of availability.

The report follows on from Frank Grillo’s confirmation he’s reprising his Crossbones character for a cameo in a flashback, suggesting the film will employ several of them.

The fourth “Avengers” opens May 3rd 2019.