Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
“Infinity War” Boasts More CG Characters & Mjolnir

infinity-war-boasts-more-cg-characters-and-mjolnir-696x464.jpg

Production is continuing on Marvel Studios’ “Avengers: Infinity War” and the still untitled fourth “Avengers” film, movies that we already know will feature dozens of characters.

This week, “Guardians of the Galaxy” actor Sean Gunn revealed that there will be more CGI characters in the film than the shared universe has ever seen. Gunn, who plays Rocket Raccoon on set says:

“I can tell you that the process for Rocket has been very similar to the Guardians movies. If anything, it’s even more painstaking, because there are even more CGI characters around. In Guardians 2, Baby Groot was there the whole time, but the rest of the time was mostly with other live actors. In Avengers, there are several other characters who are CGI-enhanced that I’ve interacted with, which makes the process a little more deliberate.

The question is whether he’s referring to new characters, or if it’s something more basic like body doubles combined with later facial captures and replacement – a trick Marvel has been employing for years and would make complete sense for a film like this where scheduling is a logistical nightmare.

In related news, the film’s directors The Russo brothers have posted a photo from the set which seems to confirm that Thor will be getting Mjolnir back by the time of ‘Infinity War’ after seeing it destroyed by Hela in the upcoming “Thor: Ragnarok”.

“Avengers: Infinity War” opens in May next year.

Doctor Omega

“Avengers” Dumping Widow & Hulk Romance?

avengers-dumping-widow-and-hulk-romance-696x464.jpg

Joss Whedon’s “Avengers: Age of Ultron” setup an unexpected romantic tension between Bruce Banner (Mark Ruffalo) and Natasha Romanoff (Scarlett Johansson) that was teased but couldn’t be fulfilled with Hulk vanishing at the end of the film.

It sounds like when the two finally reunite in “Avengers: Infinity War,” three years since Bruce and the Quinjet disappeared, it won’t be a happy experience. Appearing on Bravo TV program Inside the Actor’s Studio, Johansson revealed the relationship mirrored her own real-life situation (she filed for divorce in March):

“I just finished ‘Avengers: Infinity War’. My character has this ongoing relationship with Mark Ruffalo’s character. I had such devastation that day. I don’t know why. I was so devastated. It was something about this character that Mark plays, and this is something that should feel so solid and then suddenly doesn’t or there’s… and then it reminded me of so much of the things going on in my own life at the time…”

“Avengers: Infinity War” wraps production shortly with the fourth “Avengers” also in the works. Johansson and Ruffalo are starring in both films.

Doctor Omega

“Avengers” Infinity War” Wraps Production

avengers-infinity-war-wraps-production-696x464.jpg

Filmmakers Anthony and Joe Russo have confirmed via their official Facebook page that they have officially wrapped production on “Avengers: Infinity War”.

Shooting began on January 23rd and has now wrapped just outside Atlanta, Georgia. The pair will have a brief stop before starting production on the untitled fourth “Avengers” film in coming weeks.

Panels for the film are set to take place tomorrow at D23 in Anaheim, and in Hall H at San Diego Comic Con next Saturday.

“Avengers: Infinity War” is slated for a release in theaters on May 4th 2018 while the fourth film will open May 3rd 2019.

Janine The Barefoot

Wacky Norwegian Woman
Joss Whedon’s “Avengers: Age of Ultron” setup an unexpected romantic tension between Bruce Banner (Mark Ruffalo) and Natasha Romanoff (Scarlett Johansson) that was teased but couldn’t be fulfilled with Hulk vanishing at the end of the film.
That was, to me, such a brilliant "character thing" that only Joss is that good at creating. I loved the relationship between the two of them and knew in my heart that when he rode off alone, it was over. But then, as I said, it was clearly something JW created so to expect it to outlast his stay at Marvel was too much to hope for. He has such a wonderful way of humanizing his characters, of making them almost touchable to the audience...... People we would all really want to know.

It was at the heart and soul of Buffy, he did it again with Firefly and you could see it coming in The Avengers as well. I think it's just part of who he is and how he works. Possibly it's a part of why everyone (actors and crew) he works with are so willing to work with him again and again...

I see him in all the work he puts out and I think it's part of the reason that I haven't wanted to see A- Civil War (there were multitudes of others that went along with them). I know it's a little crazy but it is consistent with who I am, what I look for in film and how attached I get to the characters that great directors are able to create. What can I say? WNW at work once again!

:emoji_kiss::emoji_dancer: And DBs for all the great romances that JW has given us.... :emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers:

As always, thanks for the "scoop" Doc! I don't know where we'd be without you! :emoji_kiss::emoji_wink: :emoji_yum:

Doctor Omega

“Avengers: Infinity War” Footage Screens At D23

avengers-infinity-war-footage-screens-at-d23-696x464.jpg

The crowd at D23 were reportedly brought to their feet in the wake of the first screening of footage from “Avengers: Infinity War” at the D23 convention in Anaheim this morning.

Robert Downey Jr., Josh Brolin, Tom Holland, Benedict Cumberbatch, Chadwick Boseman, Chris Hemsworth, Mark Ruffalo, Paul Bettany, Elizabeth Olsen, Pom Klementieff, Karen Gillan, Dave Bautista, Don Cheadle, Sebastian Stan, Anthony Mackie, co-director Joe Russo and Marvel’s Kevin Feige were all on hand to introduce the footage which was exclusive for attendees and won’t go online.

The clip begins with the ‘Guardians’ travelling through a creepy section of space filled with debris when an unconscious Thor in his ‘Ragnarok’ garb hits the spaceship’s windshield. Mantis wakes him up, Thor looks around and sees Star-Lord (Pratt) and asks: “Who the hell are you guys?”

The main thrust of the footage sees a giant ship seemingly headed towards Earth on a collision course. Loki presents the Tesseract to someone, Peter Parker on a school bus sees his arm hair rising, and Gamora in The Collector’s shattered museum.

Dialogue includes Mantis saying: “Death follows him like a shadow,” Iron Man says: “We have one advantage… he’s coming to us” and Thanos says: “Fun really isn’t something one considers while balancing the universe… But this puts a smile on my face”. Thanos then steps out of a dark vortex – he’s arrived on Earth.

Cut to Star-Lord jumping around on platforms made by Strange, Captain America sporting a beard, Spider-Man with a new suit akin to the one glimpsed briefly in ‘Homecoming’, a shot of Vision in a cell, a Wakandan army with the Winter Soldier amongst them, Black Widow with blonde hair, someone in Hulkbuster armor.

There’s also a shot of an injured Peter Parker saying: “Tony, I’m sorry. I’m sorry” as Stark cradles his head, Thanos grabs Thor’s head and twists, Iron Man gets punched hard and the mad Titan says: “I know what it’s like to lose. To feel so desperately that you’re right. But you’ll fail all the same… Run from it, but destiny still arrives.”

Cut to the money shot as Thanos uses the Infinity Gauntlet to pull down part of a moon and turns it into a giant wave of meteors raining towards the planet everyone is standing on.

“Avengers: Infinity War” opens May 4th 2018.

Doctor Omega

“Infinity War” To Be MCU’s Longest Film?

infinity-war-to-be-mcus-longest-film-696x464.jpg

It comes as little surprise that the upcoming “Avengers: Infinity War” looks like it could clock in with the longest runtime yet for a film within the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

Co-director Joe Russo spoke with Collider during this year’s San Diego Comic Con and said he and his brother and co-director Anthony Russo feel quite comfortable with this being Marvel’s longest work to date:

“The current cut is over two and a half [hours]… Most of it is a movie you could show, but there’s still a lot of work left to be done, I still have a couple of scenes that we haven’t finished from ‘Avengers 3’ that I’m shooting in the next few months with my brother, and it’s certainly gonna be a film that lives in the two and a half hour, two and a half hour-plus range.”

The longest film released to date in the MCU is “Captain America: Civil War” which comes in at 148 minutes. Russo says that because ‘Infinity War’ is a “culmination event” and is the conclusion of a decade of cinema, they have to go epic.

“Avengers: Infinity War” is slated to open May 4th. Filming on the fourth “Avengers” is slated to kick off in two weeks.

Doctor Omega

“Avengers” Director On Thor, Thanos & Stones

avengers-director-on-thor-thanos-stones-696x464.jpg

“Avengers: Infinity War” director Joe Russo says that thanks to “Thor: Ragnarok” helping make Chris Hemsworth’s Thor himself a little less dour, those working on the new ‘Avengers’ are reaping the benefits.

Speaking with IGN, Russo revealed that ‘Infinity War’ will boast a fun comedic pairing in the form of the God of Thunder and Chris Pratt’s Star-Lord:

“You know what’s interesting is that because of the re-toning that Taika (Waititi) did with Thor 3 and the direction Thor is heading in as a character, he and Star-Lord were a very surprising combination and a very funny combination. So I’m excited for the audience to see the two of them together.”

Russo also spoke with Screen Rant about the Infinity Stones that serve as the film’s central macguffin and says the powers of each stone will be shown differently on screen – including the difficult to define Reality Stone:

“Each gem has its own special power. We had to put a lot of thought into how we would represent those powers so it was clear to the audience. Not only are you dealing with a lot of characters, you are also dealing with the stones, the gems, and there’s a lot of them. So for people to keep track of all of it, we had to get really specific. I won’t divulge how we use the Reality Stone, but we do use it.”

Thanos, of course, is the one wielding the stones and Russo says he has big ambitions for the villainous character played by Josh Brolin. He tells ComicBook.com:

“The stakes are incredibly high. Look, I wanted to turn Thanos into Darth Vader for a new generation. He’s an incredibly intense character, sociopathic, he takes no prisoners, and I think the audience needs to be completely prepared when they go see these movies.”

He also says that ‘Infinity War’ is structurally basing itself heavily on “smash and grab 1990s heist films”. This offers a “real urgency to the film and it adds a level of excitement and relentlessness to the movie. It’s a lot of divergent narratives coming together to a climax.”

Separately, filmmaker James Gunn has confirmed on his Facebook page that we’ll be seeing the adolescent version of Groot in ‘Infinity War’ and that though Groot and humans age at different speeds, it will still be years before Groot grows back into full adulthood.

Filming on the fourth “Avengers” begins in a week or so and according to Russo it’s important for the two “Avengers” films to have: “different tones, different narratives, and to have different surprises for the audience.”

“Avengers: Infinity War” opens May 4th 2018.

Doctor Omega

“Avengers: Infinity War” Aims For A Heist Film Tone

russos-call-avengers-infinity-war-a-heist-film-696x464.jpg

After years of being teased, the Marvel Cinematic Universe’s big villain Thanos finally takes center stage in Joe and Anthony Russo’s “Avengers: Infinity War” next year.

Specifics of the plot are under wraps beyond the casting list and that it will involve the Mad Titan’s quest for the six Infinity Stones. However, in a new interview with CNET, Anthony Russo has revealed that a tone they’re going for is that of a heist movie with energy, wit and stakes:

“With ‘Infinity War,’ the biggest new element to the movie is Thanos and the fact that he’s entering the storytelling in a very bold, strong way, to the degree that he’s almost one of the leads. We’ve shaped an interesting narrative around him that in some ways leans heavily on a heist film in the fact that he’s going after the infinity stones in a much bolder, successful way than he has in the past. The entire movie has that energy of the bad guy being one step ahead of the heroes. We looked at a lot of movies that had that heist-style energy to them, [and] that brought some inspiration.”

This follows on from other recent Marvel films which adopt the tone of other genres – the more they embrace them the better the result has been going by critics scores. This has resulted in the likes of the 70s paranoia thriller influenced “Captain America: The Winter Soldier,” the “Flash Gordon” 80s pop space opera “Thor: Ragnarok” and the character-centric cosmic adventure of the first “Guardians of the Galaxy”. “Ant-Man” tried to adopt a heist tone but didn’t quite embrace it to the full extent it could have.

It was thought that “Thor: Ragnarok” would deal with the last of the six Infinity Stones, the Soul Stone, which has yet to figure into the MCU. However no mention of it is made in the Taika Waititi-directed film, meaning it will either be in “Black Panther” or more likely serve as a key macguffin driving the early part of the “Avengers: Infinity War” plot.

“Avengers: Infinity War” is scheduled to hit theaters on May 4th 2018.

JohnnyL REACTS

Member: Rank 1
^^^

haha, thank you sir. Appreciate the shout out!

Hopefully it is better than Age of Ultron (which was good) and reaches the heights of the first one which was exceptional.

Doctor Omega

Details: After ten years and nearly two dozen films building toward it, the Marvel Cinematic Universe comes to a crossroads with the culmination of its ‘third phase’. Practically ever major character from the earlier films show up to take on Josh Brolin’s purple and impossibly square-chinned intergalactic warlord Thanos in what’s far more than a film – it’s the first of a two-part major spectacle and easily the biggest cinematic event ever made.

There’s one question though – will it be any good? As ‘Ultron’ and ‘Civil War’ showed, bigger isn’t necessarily better. “Avengers” has the advantage of being so well planned out in advance it won’t hit many of the issues that the slapdash hot (if occasionally entertaining) mess of “Justice League” did, but could be hampered by juggling so many characters it spreads things too thin – or Thanos himself might be a letdown after so many years of build-up. Marvel has their best people working on this, fingers crossed all that effort will be worth it – either way, we’ll all be seeing it.

Gavin

Member: Rank 6
VIP
I've definitely got high expectations for this, which might not necessarily be a good thing. They do have a lot of characters and story to juggle and I'm hoping I haven't set my sights too high. Sometimes it can be more enjoyable to watch a second rate movie that exceeds your expectations than a (comparatively) better quality one that feels like a let down.

Gavin

VIP
They paid $5 million to screen that during the superbowl? I'd be stunned if anyone who saw that during the superbowl, and was likely to be interested in seeing the Avengers, hadn't already seen all of that and much more in the other trailers that have been released.

Last edited:

Doctor Omega

“Infinity War” Runtime Revealed – It Ain’t Short

“Avengers: Infinity War” is looking set to clock in as the Marvel Cinematic Universe’s longest film yet with a 156 minute runtime according to AMC Theaters.

Last Summer, co-director Joe Russo said the current cut of the film was over two and a half [hours] and the aim was to get it down to the two and a half hour or two and a half hour-plus range.

At 156 minutes it beats out the 148 minute “Captain America: Civil War” by eight minutes, and the previous two “Avengers” films by around fifteen minutes.

Gavin

VIP
“Avengers: Infinity War” is looking set to clock in as the Marvel Cinematic Universe’s longest film yet with a 156 minute runtime according to AMC Theaters.
With around 30 main characters that gives each character about 5 minutes individual screen time. Although I'm guessing we won't see much of any character on their own. Mostly they'll be doubling and tripling up for scenes.