Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10

Your thoughts on this show.....

The Caped Crusader and his young ward battle evildoers in Gotham City.

Last edited:

chainsaw_metal1

Member: Rank 8
Both the movie and series are stupid fun. I grew up with the series reruns, and loved them as a kid. I still dig seeing them, even though it's not my Batman. It's just something to have fun with and enjoy.

michaellevenson

This is going to divide opinion I know. But ADAM WEST IS BATMAN. The tv series is at odds I know with the true origins of the character,the movies rectify that , but Batman is the comical jerk in the purple leotards....sorry

chainsaw_metal1

I still love the Adam West series. As someone who's read comic books all his life, I accept most portrayals of Batman onscreen as some version of canonical. While the television series was meant to be parody of the comic book character, it still represents the older, campier version of the character. Other versions take their cues from various comics. Keaton's Batman as well as Affleck's are very much based on The Dark Knight Returns. Bale's was taken from Jeph Loeb's work from the 90s.

My biggest problem with any of the movie versions is that they deal mostly with his super hero persona, and don't go nearly enough into the fact that he is the world's greatest detective. Granted, a movie has to excise a lot to get a story onscreen, but that seems to translate into "just put the action and fighting in, the general audience doesn't want to see a detective story". Which is a shame.

alpha128

Member: Rank 3
I loved this show when I was a kid, but I tried to rewatch some of it in the last few years and could not get into it all. However, I did watch the entire Green Hornet series fairly recently, and that did hold up IMO.

Carol

Member: Rank 5
Batman is the comical jerk in the purple leotards.
Funny, in our house the leotards were black and white- come to think of it, so was everything else. Imagine the shock when I was taken to the picture to see the film version - eyeball-popping, Funny thing, the action and slapstick comedy registered at an early age, loving the bonkers camp came much later... works on every level. But at the very furtherest other end of the spectrum, I do like what I've seen of Gotham. There's a time and a place for grunge and a another time and place for POW! SPLATT!

Last edited:

Rob

Member: Rank 1
I have just read that Adam West, imho, THE Batman, has passed away after a shot battle with Leukaemia. If someone mentions Batman, he is the one I think of, the Batman that I grew up watching. Sure, in retrospect, if looks corny now, but, as a young boy growing up, I loved the show. Then again, they were different times, and now 40 years later the World has changed so much.

ant-mac

Member: Rank 9
It's a great shame, but at least he had a good long life that he was able to enjoy.

However, it still seems like the end came too soon.

RIP.