Review Beavis and Butt-Head (1993)

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
000000.jpg

Beavis and Butt-Head is an American animated sitcom created and designed by Mike Judge.[1] The series originated from Frog Baseball, a 1992 short film by Judge originally aired on Liquid Television. After seeing the short, MTV signed Judge to develop the concept.[2][3] The series first ran from March 8, 1993, to November 28, 1997. The series was later renewed for an eighth season, which aired from October 27 to December 29, 2011. In 1996, the series was adapted into the animated feature film Beavis and Butt-Head Do America.

Potential future

On January 10, 2014, Mike Judge announced that, while he is busy working on Silicon Valley, there is a chance of him pitching Beavis and Butt-Head to another network and that he wouldn't mind making more episodes.[36] While giving an interview to Howard Stern on May 6, 2014, Judge mentioned that the show's ratings on MTV were second only to Jersey Shore, but the show didn't fit MTV's target demographic of young women, which is why the revived series has not been brought back on MTV. He also said that MTV was close to selling it to another network, but it became "lost in deal stuff".[37](37m)

In interviews, Judge has stated his interest in producing a live-action movie, and Johnny Depp has expressed interest in the role of Beavis.[38] In May 2008, Judge said that he previously hated the idea, but now believes that "maybe there's something there."[39] During an interview for Collider on August 25, 2008, Judge said, "I like to keep the door open on Beavis and Butt-Head, because it's my favorite thing that I've ever done. It's the thing I'm most proud of." However, he also added, "Another movie... the problem is it takes a year and half, two years, two and a half years—maybe—to do that right. And that's a pretty strong level of commitment. I'm going to look at that again. That comes up every three years." One of his ideas is bringing back the characters as old men, instead of teenagers. "I kind of think of them as being either 15 or in their 60s," he said. "I wouldn't mind doing something with them as these two dirty old men sitting on the couch." Judge added that he would not completely ignore the time that has passed in between. "At one point I thought Butt-Head might do okay on some really low-level sales job".

In 2016, Judge told RadioTimes.com that "Maybe it could be a live-action someday," and went on to speculate that Beavis might be homeless by now.