Review Beyond Skyline (2017) November

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
00.jpg

Beyond Skyline is an upcoming American science fiction action thriller film directed by Liam O'Donnell and starring Frank Grillo, Bojana Novakovic, Iko Uwais, Callan Mulvey, Yayan Ruhian, Betty Gabriel and Antonio Fargas.

It is the sequel to the 2010 film Skyline.

Premise

Set concurrently with the previous Skyline film but in a different undisclosed location during the worldwide alien invasion, Mark, a tough-as-nails detective, embarks on a relentless pursuit to free his son, Trent, from a nightmarish alien warship.

Cast
Production

In November 2014, Variety announced that Iko Uwais would join the cast, alongside Frank Grillo, Bojana Novakovic, and Yayan Ruhian.

Liam O’Donnell wrote the script for the film, also wrote the script for the first film, will now direct as well as produce with Greg and Colin Strause serving as producers also.[6][dubiousdiscuss] The Strause Brothers were the directors of the first film, Skyline.

Matthew Chausse will also produce. Uwais and Ruhian will also serve as fight choreographers on the film.

The film's visual effects and production will be done by Hydraulx.

Filming

Principal photography began in December 2014 and is shooting in Yogyakarta and Batam, Indonesia.

Release

Unlike the first film which had a PG-13 rating, the sequel will have an R rating which has been approved by the MPAA.

Footage has been released featuring a two-minute clip of a fight between two people while several others are trying to kill an alien.

The clip ends with an alien warship crashing into a forest.

On Alien Day 2017, set photos were released to show what the aliens in Beyond Skyline looked like for the sequel.

The movie will have a worldwide theatrical release in November while in the United States, which will be released at a later date, the movie will be released on VOD and will have a limited theatrical release.

The first trailer was released on August 16, 2017.

and here is the original movie's trailer from 2010.......

Doctor Omega

Full Trailer: “Beyond Skyline”

full-trailer-beyond-skyline-696x464.jpg

Vertical Entertainment has debuted the new domestic trailer for the sci-fi thriller sequel “Beyond Skyline,” the follow-up to the 2010 low-budget sci-fi alien invasion tale “Skyline”.

In the film the population of Los Angeles is vacuumed off the face of the earth, and Detective Mark Corley (Frank Grillo) storms his way onto an alien ship to rescue his estranged son.

But after crashing the ship in Southeast Asia, he must forge an alliance with a band of survivors to discover the key to saving his son and taking back the planet once and for all.

Bojana Novakovic, Jonny Weston, Yayan Ruhian, and Iko Uwais co-star in the Liam O’Donnell-directed film which opens December 15th.

Last edited:

ant-mac

Member: Rank 9
I enjoyed the original film, so I am interested to see what they manage to come up with this time around...

Fingers crossed.

Doctor Omega

I like the first one too. It reminded me a little of the 1979 QUATERMASS, in that we humans were just a commodity to be used and harvested. And the bleak ending too.

I am a little concerned that this appears a more gung ho sequel where the humans may actually turn the tables in an improbable way and against all the odds. There was an air of realism in the first one as far as what the reality of such a harvesting might be. It would be a shame, I think, for the sequel to get all Hollywood and Die Hard.