Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
New Line Wins “Train To Busan” Remake

new-line-wins-train-to-busan-remake-696x464.jpg

Following news of a bidding war, it has been confirmed that New Line has won the rights to the upcoming James Wan-produced English-language remake of Korean zombie movie hit “Train to Busan”.

The 2016 film is set during a zombie virus outbreak in South Korea and focuses on the struggle of a group of passengers on a train bound for Busan from Seoul – the main characters being a divorced workaholic father and his daughter. The film was both an international box-office hit and a critical smash.

Wan will produce via Atomic Monster with his “The Nun” collaborator Gary Dauberman penning the script. Gaumont is also producing. New Line being the home is no shock as Wan’s “The Conjuring” franchise is set up there while Dauberman also worked on the “IT” adaptation.

Doctor Omega

Margot Robbie Is The New Barbie

margot-robbie-is-the-new-barbie-696x464.jpg

Margot Robbie is in talks to star in a new film based around the popular Mattel doll Barbie which is now setup at Warner Bros. Pictures.

Four years ago came word Mattel was partnering with Sony for a Barbie movie with Amy Schumer set to star with plans to put a contemporary spin on the toy with an emphasis on feminism and identity. She left due to scheduling conflicts with reports then indicating Anne Hathaway would replace her.

The project never made any further progress however and the rights ultimately reverted back to Mattel. Robbie will also produce the Warners version which will obviously not happen until well after Robbie finishes “Birds of Prey” which she’s slated to film early next year.

Doctor Omega

Peter Jackson Offers Update On “Tintin 2”

peter-jackson-offers-update-on-tintin-2-696x464.jpg

The critics quite liked it and while it was a complete dud with U.S. audiences, Steven Spielberg’s “The Adventures of Tintin” film adaptation in 2011 was a massive hit overseas – raking in $373 million worldwide with 80% of that outside the States.

Cut to today, with the global marketplace more important than ever, the obvious question keeps arising as to where is the sequel. It was previously indicated during the first film’s making that the hope was to do a trilogy of films with Spielberg directing and Peter Jackson producing the first, the pair swapping positions for the second and then there’d be a third and it wasn’t clear who would helm that.

That means Jackson is the one who is next set to direct, but the filmmaker became occupied with his “The Hobbit” trilogy, and more recently producing both this December’s “Mortal Engines” and a recent documentary incorporating some amazingly restored first World War footage. With his schedule now relatively clear, is he finally getting around to it? Sort of. Talking with Polygon this week, Jackson offered an update:

“I’m intending to [make it]. I’ve got gotta get the script written, but I’m certainly hoping to get another Tintin film, one which I’ve directed. This one, Steven [Spielberg] would produce. It’s within the next year or two, I would hope. I mean, there’s nothing happening this very second, but it does literally need me to sit down and develop a script for it. So probably in the new year, I’ll try to do that.”

Herge penned just over two dozen books, with three of them being two-parters. With the first film loosely based on the first two-parter, it was thought the follow-up would be based on the second – “The Seven Crystal Balls” & “Prisoners of the Sun”. Surprisingly Jackson is not locked into the idea just yet:

“I’ve had certain times where I thought it was going to be this, it’s going to be that … For a while, we’ve gone to Prisoners of the Sun. But I’m not necessarily thinking that that would be where we’d go next time. There’s so many good stories, and I just want to see what I feel like making.

There’s no one that dictates what it has to be, you know — I get to choose. So I wanna just make that choice carefully because […] I love the variety, you know? You can go the Indiana Jones-sort of Prisoners of the Sun, or you can go into The Calculus Affair and be more of a Eastern Bloc thriller. […] There’s the moon ones where you can explore the moon and space. There’s so many choices, and I couldn’t tell you today […] which way I’m going.”

Jackson’s passion for the franchise remains strong as ever, and the beauty of it being a mo-cap animated feature is the same actors can reprise their roles year later without any real complications. Still, it sounds like we’re still a good couple of years away at earliest from another “Tintin” coming to the screen.

Doctor Omega

legendary-acquires-god-country-rights-696x464.jpg

Your thoughts on this movie.....

Emmett Quinlan is an elderly widower rattled by dementia and prone to violent outbursts. When a tornado levels his home — as well as the surrounding West Texas town — a restored Quinlan rises from the wreckage.

An enchanted sword at the eye of the storm gives him more than a sound mind and body. He’s now the only man who can face the otherworldly creatures the sword has drawn down to the Lone Star State.

Doctor Omega

Legendary Acquires “God Country” Rights

legendary-acquires-god-country-rights-696x464.jpg

Legendary Entertainment has acquired worldwide film rights to Donny Cates’s acclaimed 2017 Image Comics graphic novel “God Country”.

The story follows Emmett Quinlan, an elderly widower rattled by dementia and prone to violent outbursts. When a tornado levels his home — as well as the surrounding West Texas town — a restored Quinlan rises from the wreckage.

An enchanted sword at the eye of the storm gives him more than a sound mind and body. He’s now the only man who can face the otherworldly creatures the sword has drawn down to the Lone Star State.

Cates is set to adapt the screenplay as well. Lee and Jon Kramer will produce.

Doctor Omega

large960_blur-d5967f18dd93c80eeb37f8cbee579f4d.jpg

Your thoughts on this movie....

In the spirit of No Country for Old Men, Man on Fire, and Witness, November Roadis a story of second chances and redemption. It’s November 22, 1963, JFK has just been assassinated, and all Frank Guidry was supposed to do was get rid of the car – the same car, he realizes, that he had personally delivered to Dealey Plaza a week before. This connects him to the president’s murder and, when other loose ends begin dying all around him, Frank knows he’s next. Hunted by a ruthless hitman hired by his ex-boss, Frank heads across the desert where he meets Charlotte Roy, who is running away from her smalltown life and abusive alcoholic husband with two young daughters and an epileptic dog in tow. Guidry sees this instant family scenario as the perfect cover and while he might get her killed, Charlotte sees him as her best chance at a new life, if they can escape before his past catches up to him.

See also...

JFK (1991)....

https://www.imdforums.com/threads/jfk-1991.5210/#post-46328

Doctor Omega

Max Landis wasn't able to escape the #MeToo movement

Several people have come forward to accuse Hollywood Royalty Max Landis of sexual assault. Anna Akana led the charge with a single tweet right before the release of Landis's BRIGHT on Netflix. I wonder when #MeToo will finally go to the cops instead of twitter?

Doctor Omega

• Has been stuck in development due to a script not being complete.
  • It is unknown if the movie will be a Disney streaming exclusive
  • Jon Turteltaub said page 47 of the President's book of secrets might not be the focus of the movie
  • According to MovieInsider, Gary Oldman is rumored to be in the movie.

Doctor Omega

Carpenter Unhappy With More “Little China”

rocks-little-china-is-a-sequel-not-a-remake-696x464.jpg

The upcoming “Halloween” revival has not only original director John Carpenter’s blessing but also his active involvement to the point of him doing the film’s score. Don’t expect the same for the upcoming Dwayne Johnson-led “Big Trouble in Little China” remake however.

The 1986 fantasy action-comedy feature was a famously costly flop at the time, but in the years since it has become a beloved cult classic with plenty of critical re-evaluation and praise with Kurt Russell’s Jack Burton character’s dialogue and many other elements such as the memorable villain Lo Pan having become iconic.

In 2015, Johnson became attached to a new version of the film with producer Hiram Garcia confirming earlier this year it’s a sequel with Johnson playing a new character. Asked by CinemaBlend this week about his thoughts on the film, Carpenter was blunt as hell: “They want a movie with Dwayne Johnson. That’s what they want. So they just picked that title. They don’t give a s–t about me and my movie. That movie wasn’t a success.”

Johnson’s been linked for a while but the film hasn’t really set any production schedule or release dates at this point.

Doctor Omega

Goddard Talks Abandoned “Sinister Six”

goddard-talks-abandoned-sinister-six-696x464.jpg

With his new film “Bad Times at the El Royale” now out in cinemas, director Drew Goddard has been doing some press rounds and recently discussed some of his superhero projects.

We heard last week he couldn’t give an update on the “X-Force” film because nothing has progressed, now he’s spoken with THR about a project he was previously linked to and then exited – Sony’s proposed “Spider-Man” spin-off “Sinister Six” several years ago which fell apart in the wake of Sony’s deal with Marvel Studios.

Goddard says he still has a fondness for that film and hopes one day to bring it back:

“[‘Sinister Six’] was really fun. I wouldn’t have done it had I not thought there was a real opportunity to do something different and exciting and just flat-out bananas. It was very much me and — a much more commercial version of — the ‘Cabin [in the Woods]’ mentality. The punk rock mentality that led to ‘Cabin’ is very much at the core of ‘Sinister Six.’

That’s a fun one. Who knows, it could see the light of day. It’s funny, I’ve been through a lot of volatility at a lot of different studios. Between MGM and Sony and Fox. At a certain point, you start to realize, ‘Oh, this is just a volatile business’ and you try to stay afloat as the boat rocks back and forth.”

With Sony’s plans for its own Spider-Man spin-offs finally getting off the ground with “Venom,” this seems one of those projects the studio could eventually revive.

Janine The Barefoot

Wacky Norwegian Woman
Ahhhhh..... so he'll be coming back to us as a Zombie! Then everyone who survived the apocalypse of death in the story will come back to fight Hamlet's minions and ghosts after which, at some point, Jeffrey Dean Morgan will appear with a sword wrapped in barbed wire and call it "Witch #1"!!! Proving in yet another zombie medium that he's tougher than everyone!

Wow, bad Norwegian girl.... Now I've "defaced" the bard himself.......

:emoji_astonished: :emoji_imp: :emoji_no_good:

:emoji_kiss:

Doctor Omega

00001.jpg

Your thoughts on this movie.....

Number 5, one of a group of experimental military robots, undergoes a sudden transformation after being struck by lightning. He develops self-awareness, consciousness, and a fear of the reprogramming that awaits him back at the factory. With the help of a troubled young boy, Number 5 tries to evade capture and convince his creator that he has truly become alive.

Back to the previous movie.....

SHORT CIRCUIT 2......

(Coming soon)