Review Bird Box (2018)

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
fqerfr.jpg

Your thoughts on this movie.....

A woman and a pair of children are blindfolded and make their way through a dystopian setting along a river.

Last edited:

Doctor Omega

The Sandra Bullock-led “Bird Box” will receive a limited theatrical release starting Thursday December 13 in Los Angeles, New York, San Francisco and London. It will then debut the following week on Netflix on Friday December 21st along with an expanded theatrical release.

Doctor Omega

Bird Box | 5 Minute Sneak Peek [HD] | Netflix

"We're going on the trip now. It's going to be rough." Even these five minutes of Bird Box will have you holding your breath. Bird Box comes to Netflix tomorrow.

Doctor Omega

“Bird Box” Gets A Sequel… In Book Form

bird-box-gets-a-sequel-in-book-form-696x464.jpg

Author Josh Malerman has confirmed that a sequel to his 2014 post-apocalyptic novel “Bird Box” is coming out October 1st reports Esquire.

The book is a follow-up to the work that served as the source material of the Sandra Bullock-led Netflix feature “Bird Box” which was released on the streaming service in December and was a massive hit.

The new book will reportedly focus on Malorie, the first book’s main character, who was played by Bullock in the film. Malerman says the Susanne Bier-directed film is what convinced him to revisit the character:

“I wanted to get to know [Malorie] even better. At the end of the movie, I turned to my girl Allison and said, ‘I want to know what happens next!’ and she’s like, ‘Well, you know, you could make that happen,’ so it really was this warm feeling.”

Trevante Rhodes, Sarah Paulson and John Malkovich co-starred in the film which begins when a mysterious force decimates the world’s population, only one thing is certain: if you see it, you take your life. Facing the unknown, a mother must flee with her two children blindfolded down a treacherous river to the one place left that may offer sanctuary.

The news comes as Malerman’s novel “Black Mad Wheel” is getting a film adaptation by Scott Free, Atlas Industries, and Spin a Black Yarn. Barnett Brettler will adapt the script for the psychological horror tale about a washed up Detroit band who embark on a harrowing journey through the scorching desert and into an ominous and twisted conspiracy.