Review Blade Runner (1982)

alpha128

Member: Rank 3
Due to have a sequel, do you think that this science fiction original can ever be followed - or bettered?
I used to love this film. Until I found out that Ridley Scott thought Deckard was a replicant.

Not only does that idea not make any sense, since Deckard is physically inferior to the replicants he hunts, but it robs the film of its meaning.

We see Leon the replicant collect photographs. We see Deckard collect photographs. If Deckard is human, we get to compare and contrast and say hey, the replicants are just like us. If Deckard is a replicant, then the message of the film is "all replicants neurotically collect photographs" Way to go Ridley!

Last edited:

Carol

Member: Rank 5
Doubt it - you please yourself! There's at least one, if not two re-edits I haven't even seen, so who knows what the aggregate agreed excellence of it turns out to be?
I've decided not to skulk in corners any more and say defiantly -"Sod you all, I preferred the original voice-over". Apparently, in devotee circles, I'm "wrong". I promise not to care if you don't.

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
“Blade Runner: Final Cut” 4K Blu-ray Trailer

blade-runner-final-cut-4k-blu-ray-trailer-696x464.jpg

Ridley Scott’s “Blade Runner” celebrates its 35th anniversary this year with the exciting arrival this Fall of Denis Villeneuve’s sequel “Blade Runner 2049”.

Ahead of that film’s theatrical run, Warner Bros. Home Entertainment has announced plans to release a remastered 4K edition of the film, specifically the 1992 ‘The Final Cut’ which both Scott and Villeneuve have deemed the definitive version of the film.

“Blade Runner: The Final Cut” 4K Blu-ray hits stores on September 5th, a month before “Blade Runner 2049” opens on October 6th.

High Plains Drifter

The Drifter
VIP
What do people think of the original ending?
Enhance, Enhance, Enhance...... Oh sorry! I was looking into their eyes to see if they were a replicant.

I seen this up at the store for 7 bucks it was the final cut. Still debating on whether to buy or not. I like most of the movie, but some areas I find boring.

Last edited:

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
Which "Blade Runner" Cut Should I Watch? A Visual Explainer.

Fans and newcomers alike have faced an enduring question about Ridley Scott’s 1982 original: Which version of Blade Runner should I watch? Which one is the “correct” version? Here you go, with some spoilers: How the different versions change the movie.

The Seeker

Member: Rank 6
I think the film is better without that voiceover. I don’t like the green tint on the final version. And I don’t like the original ending.

I agree with alpha that making Deckard a replicant ruins the meaning

Really this should be my type of movie, but aside from Roy Batty’s moving final speech I didn’t care for it.