Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
I am convinced that something like this happened at the end of the final episode now......

ATTENDANT: Wait a minute..... Are you seriously telling me you were playing the pratt version of Vila for all this time? For four years?!? Oh!!! Whoa!!! That's a classic that is! That's a classic!!

Last edited:

Doctor Omega

It also explains the change in appearance of Travis. One of the players fell ill and another player took over. And some girl player got to be both a Mutoid and Soolin. Etc. etc.

It all fits.

Sort of. :emoji_confused:

If you squint.

Doctor Omega

Blake's 7 - Return to Gauda Prime 2!

On the 13th of April 2014 a gathering of Blake's 7 fans teleported down to Steventon Village Hall in Oxfordshire for a fun filled day featuring original costumes and props as well as "special effects supremo" himself, Matt Irvine, who was heavily involved in the show itself. Join me, as we return to Gauda Prime!

johnnybear

Member: Rank 6
What did it feel like to be beamed up like that, Doc? HaHaHa I've always loved that Federation trooper outfit! That mask, which they slightly altered in the third series was so iconic to the show! Although that double hairdryer spaceship sadly never worked for me!
JB

Doctor Omega

What did it feel like to be beamed up like that, Doc?

I remember seeing my first episode of BLAKE'S 7, which was "ORAC" and my immediate thought when I saw the wobbly teleportaion was "They are ripping off Star Trek!".

Which they were, i guess.

But I soon fell in love with this bleak show, more than I ever had TREK.

(And I still think that STAR TREK III: THE SEARCH FOR SPOCK ripped off "TERMINAL", quite blatantly! And that the GENERATIONS Enterprise crashing ripped off "BLAKE".) :emoji_alien:

Doctor Omega

Blake's 7 - the adverts (40th Anniversary)

To celebrate the 40th anniversary of Blake's 7's first transmission on BBC1, here's a fun compilation of ads featuring (some more prominently than others) Paul Darrow (x2), Jan Chappell, Glynis Barber, David Jackson & Brian Croucher.

Doctor Omega

AVON: The fire was stupid. Putting Vila on guard was suicidal. What's the matter? Is staying alive too complicated for you?

(Had that quote rattling around in my head earlier today, so thought I would jot it down! Boucher's dialogue was often "lodge-itself-in-the-brain" awesome.)*

* Unlike Moffat's

Doctor Omega

Blasphemy though it is to suggest, but I think the Geoff Love rendition of the BLAKE'S 7 theme is easily far and away the best, as it was finally played by the size of orchestra that Dudley Simpson deserved to have had......