Review What Book Are You Reading?

Sunflower007

Member: Rank 3
I prefer actual books as well. Always have, always will. Loved them ever since I taught myself to read at three years old.

:D ~ I like ebooks but prefer the actual books more. I got to use to them.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
"Ask me if I need him

Get him out of my way
These are
These are the games
These are the games

These are the only games I play"

By: Falsettos

B

BradyBunchFan

:) ~ I recently made a purchase this week of a new book by Keke Palmer - I Don't Belong To You: Quite the Noise and Find Your Voice. I just started reading it today.

"Ask me if I need him
Get him out of my way
These are
These are the games
These are the games

I like her. One of my favorite actresses.

ant-mac

Member: Rank 9
Well, I've now completed MOONRAKER once again. I enjoyed it even more this time around. I find I appreciate the original circumstances of the Bond adventures much more than I did when I was younger. I'm more than a little tired of the high-tech, ultra-modern world of the Bond films.

However, now comes DIAMONDS ARE FOREVER.

“I should spend the money quickly, Commander Bond.”

Tars Tarkas

Member: Rank 1
I have been on a western kick lately, so I am reading S. Craig Zahler's (wrote/directed Bone Tomahawk) books: A Congregation of Jackals and Wraiths of the Broken Land.

Pretty good if you want stories about terrible people doing terrible things to each other in the wild west. :)

chainsaw_metal1

Member: Rank 8
I've never actually read any of the 007 novels. I have always meant to, just never got around to it.

I have a stack of books I need to get to, but I don't get much time to read these day, which I resent. I've many a STAR WARS book I've picked up and need to read. I also need to dig out my copy of 1984, because I think it deserves a re-read right now. I've also been going through my comic book/graphic novel collection, which can be daunting.

ant-mac

"It reads better than it lives."

I’ve finally completed the Ian Fleming novel, DIAMONDS ARE FOREVER, with the diamond smuggling pipeline, the American Mafia and the sultry Tiffany Case. I don’t consider it to be amongst the best of Ian Fleming’s work, but it is still so much better than the 1971 film.

“Don’t push it in. Screw it in,” said M impatiently.

And if you want to know what happens next, you’ll have to read DIAMONDS ARE FOREVER for yourself. ;)

TheSowIsMine

What an excellent day for an exorcism
VIP
I prefer actual books too.

If I need to flip back a few pages (because I might want to re-read a part that I didn't quite understand), it's easier to do that with an actual book. With an iPad, I lose my place a lot when this happens.
You can bookmark it.

Also, there might be something about the light coming from the screen, because I can easily read an entire novel in one night, but reading a few chapters off an iPad makes me sleepy.
For me its the other way around. Real books always make me tired and Igive me headaches. I guess I really need to extra light that comes of my iPad. Ever since I got my iPad I read a lot more than I used to. It helps if you don't get headaches.

The only thing that I miss, is the smell of books.

Anyway, right now Im reading The Name of the Wind (The Kingkiller Chronicle: Day One) by Patrick Rothfus. I never really read fantasy novels(last time I started reading a fantasy trilogy I stopped during the third book) but I saw this guy on Critical Role, thought he was cool and decided to start reading one of his books.

ant-mac

I’ve finished reading FROM RUSSIA, WITH LOVE. Ian Fleming once remarked that he thought this was his finest 007 novel - and it’s difficult to argue with him. It is quite simply brilliant.

Thankfully, the film did the novel justice when it came out in cinemas.

“This man died from living too much.”

Sunflower007

:emoji_grimacing:~Today I just finished reading I Don't Belong To You: Quite the Noise and Find Your Voice by Keke Palmer. This book is so lovely & inspirational. It definitely far surpassed my expectations. This book had me feeling as if I was having a long conversation with Keke. I've loved Keke Palmer for years and after reading her book now I luv her more. :emoji_clap:Hats off to her for opening up and being so vulnerable, just to be able to reach out to her fans. I would suggest anyone to read this book. It is heartfelt & unforgettable.

*~:emoji_doughnut:~*

:emoji_musical_score:
"
Ask me if I need him

Get him out of my way
These are
These are the games
These are the games

Sunflower007

:emoji_nerd:~ I just started reading Prince Lestat by Anne Rice. It's been awhile for me since I've read a Vampire Chronicle. Has anyone read this novel yet? I had this title in my reading list for along time.

*~:emoji_eye::emoji_eye:~*

"
Ask me if I need him

Get him out of my way
These are
These are the games
These are the games

ant-mac

Well, once again, I’ve finished reading through DR NO. And, once again, I thoroughly enjoyed it. John Strangways’ bullet-ridden corpse lies at the bottom of a reservoir, Quarrel’s burnt and twisted remains lay in a patch of jungle next to a lake and Doctor Julius No lies dead under a twenty foot high pile of bird shit.

For the most part, the film was reasonably accurate to the novel, although there were some differences here and there - especially the method of the doctor's death.

“Hold tight, my darling. And cry. It’s going to hurt.”

Sunflower007

:emoji_relaxed:~ I already finished reading Lestat by Anne Rice. It was great reading another Vampire Chronicle since its been long over do. Anne Rice does her magic with her writing again. Loved the setting, having the Brat Prince again and the most of the characters from the chronicles made an appearance and some new ones. The book was engaging and had some lingering parts, but definitely worth the read. I would rate it with 7 stars and would recommend it to anyone.

Now I will start read next one
Prince Lestat and the Realms of Atlantis by Anne Rice. Has anyone read this one?

*~:emoji_crown:~*

"Ask me if I need him

Get him out of my way
These are
These are the games
These are the games