Review Brass

michaellevenson

Member: Rank 8
So glad I came upon this show last year. Never seen it before, but it turned out to be real joy.
Never knew Timothy West did comedy so well. This is really funny and at times outrageous. A sort of comedic When The Boat Comes In.

Amyghost

Member: Rank 3
So glad I came upon this show last year. Never seen it before, but it turned out to be real joy.
Never knew Timothy West did comedy so well. This is really funny and at times outrageous. A sort of comedic When The Boat Comes In.

This show is really inspired lunacy--I just heard of it about a year ago myself, found a few episodes on youtube, and immediately had to go and buy the entire series. Hilarious mashup of 80's glitzy US nighttime soap operas (Dallas in particular) and Masterpiece Theater-style 'trouble at t'mill' British social drama--West is achingly funny as the scheming patriarch, but the entire cast, the actress who plays the feisty labor-leader mom in particular, are comic gold. Being a huge fan of actor Ian Richardson, seeing him turn up in a role as a shady QC in several episodes made the series even more of a delight. This one should get a run on American PBS, but with funding cuts probably never will, so I'd urge fans of classic British comedy to acquire themselves a set of the DVDs right away.