Review Breakthrough (2019)

I am giving this movie a well-earned...

Votes: 0 0.0%

• I haven't seen this yet, but wouldn't mind.

• I won't be seeing this. Not interested.

• Total voters

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
34523663.jpg

The Impossible
Chrissy Metz (TV’s “This Is Us”) has signed on to star in “The Impossible” from Fox 2000 and producer DeVon Franklin. Roxann Dawson is attached to direct the film, an adaptation of Joyce Smith’s book based on her remarkable true story. Filming begins in March in Winnipeg.

Metz will star as Joyce, whose fourteen-year old son fell through a frozen lake in Missouri one winter and was proclaimed lifeless. Through prayer and faith, Joyce sat by her son’s bedside until his heart started beating again.

Last edited:

Doctor Omega

The Impossible
Mike Colter has joined the Roxann Dawson-directed faith-based drama “The Impossible” for Fox 2000. DeVon Franklin produces the project which is currently filming in Canada. The story follows a fourteen-year-old boy who fell through a frozen lake in Missouri one winter and was proclaimed lifeless.

Through prayer and faith, she sat by her son’s bedside until his heart started beating again. Colter will play Tommy Shine, a Firefighter who saves Joyce’s (Chrissy Metz) son from the water after hearing a voice telling him where to look. Grant Nieporte is penning the script.

Doctor Omega

Joyce, whose fourteen-year old son fell through a frozen lake in Missouri one winter and was proclaimed lifeless. Through prayer and faith, Joyce sat by her son’s bedside until his heart started beating again.

The rational side of me says that there simply has to be a scientific/biological explanation for this "miracle". The cold slowing the body down and suspending the life functions or something?

Or is his survival really beyond explanation?