Review Budgie (1971)

michaellevenson

Member: Rank 8
70's popular drama/crime series with Adam Faith. How do we view him? Near legendary status perhaps, here teaming up with the wonderful Iain Cuthbertson in a great series. They just don't make them like this anymore.

Last edited by a moderator:

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
fr43.jpg

Chirpy Cockney petty crook "Budgie" Bird is the main character in this British television series of the early 1970s. Budgie was the eternal failure, with every scam, and every attempt to make his fortune, landing him further and further into trouble, either with the police, or with his untrustworthy sometime boss, the cynical Charlie Endell, a respectable club owner on the surface, and underworld villain below it. All attempts to put Budgie on the "straight and narrow" by his girlfriend, and awful ex-wife, were in vain, and with an unflappable optimism, he bounced in and out of prison on a regular basis as the series progressed.

Last edited:

Doctor Omega

Another show that I was very aware of at the time, but never actually watched.

Hope they haven't lost any of the episodes though!

michaellevenson

Member: Rank 8
Another show that I was very aware of at the time, but never actually watched.

Hope they haven't lost any of the episodes though!
DVDs are available. I saw the boxset last about a year ago, it was a choice between buying it or Public Eye with Alfred Burke. I chose the latter. Both series are good, but Public Eye is brilliant, recommend.
https://www.imdforums.com/threads/public-eye.2083/

Doctor Omega

Adam Faith recording Budgie at LWT Wembley

Adam Faith as seen recording an episode of the hit ITV series Budgie back in May 1971 at London Weekend Television's Wembley Studios. I collect old television and radio material, so if you'd like to see more of this, get in touch.