Review Burt Reynolds

High Plains Drifter

The Drifter
VIP
Burt Reynolds

Some many of my favorite movies have this man in them. Action, comedy, and drama this guy can pull them all off. I'm always happy to see him in a role or tv show.

Talk about Burt Reynolds tv and movie roles.

What are your favorite movies, lines, characters, & you can share photos or videos?

Smokey and The Bandit
Bandit.jpg
Stroker Ace
1470902738-stroker-ace.jpg
The Cannonball Run
canonball run.jpg
The Longest Yard
burt-reynolds-in-benkn-ckarg-nget-1974-large-picture.jpg
Boogie Nights
boogienights1-e1425203272776-750x400.jpg
Deliverance
deliverance3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
R.I.P. Burt Reynolds

r-i-p-burt-reynolds-696x464.jpg

Legendary Hollywood actor Burt Reynolds has died at the age of 82.

Reynolds was one of Hollywood’s most popular leading men during the 1970s and early 1980s with a roster of films including the likes of “Deliverance,” “Smokey and the Bandit,” “Cannonball Run,” “Hooper,” “Best Little Whorehouse in Texas” and “The Longest Yard”. Macho yet self-aware and deprecating, he used that skill to great effect, especially in comedies.

However after numerous duds his popularity waned somewhat until the 1990s where, following several years on the sitcom “Evening Shade,” he made a comeback in the likes of “Striptease” and then “Boogie Nights” for which he scored an Oscar nomination. He’s since appeared in numerous films and shows.

He was occasionally hostile with the press, made headlines as the first celebrity male-nude centerfold in a 1972 issue of Cosmopolitan, and was famed for turning down numerous high profile roles including James Bond, Han Solo and two of Jack Nicholson’s most famous roles in “One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest” and “Terms of Endearment”.

Reynolds had been set to appear in Quentin Tarantino’s “Once Upon a Hollywood”. Reynolds was married and divorced twice and is survived by adopted son Quinton from his second marriage.

Burt Reynolds on his career comeback: Revenge is living well (1991)

Last edited:

ant-mac

Member: Rank 9
Apart from his work on TV, he was known for DELIVERANCE, THE LONGEST YARD, WHITE LIGHTNING, GATOR, SMOKEY AND THE BANDIT, SMOKEY AND THE BANDIT II, HOOPER, THE CANNONBALL RUN, CANNONBALL RUN II and CITY HEAT, just to name a few.

I have all of those films in my personal library and I never grow tired of watching them one more time. However, next time, I'll do so with a heavy heart. It's so sad to think his laugh has been silenced forever.

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
Burt Reynolds’ Final Film Isn’t Tarantino’s Next

burt-reynolds-final-film-isnt-tarantinos-next-696x464.jpg

With the passing of Burt Reynolds yesterday, one question that has since cropped up is whether his scheduled role in Quentin Tarantino’s upcoming new film “Once Upon A Time in Hollywood” was filmed before his passing.

THR has confirmed Reynolds had not filmed his scenes for the project which is set in Los Angeles 1969 during which the infamous Manson murders took place. Reynolds was slated to play George Spahn, the man who owned the ranch where Charles Manson and his cult resided.

No-one has yet been set to replace Reynolds in the film which is currently shooting in Los Angeles ahead of an August 9th 2019 release. Reynolds last credited film is the Stephen Wallis comedy “Defining Moments” which has been completed and co-stars Sienna Guillory. It has not set a release date as yet.