Information Catweazle- QUICK ALL-ON-ONE-THREAD EPISODE GUIDE AND PICTURES

michaellevenson

Member: Rank 8
8. The Familiar Spirit.
Distress for our medieval hero as Touchwood, his toad is ill and seems at death's door.
Cedric suggests they seek help from the nearby village and see the renown zoologist Professor Habbleman, a real strange Germanic character with a twin brother. This episode sees Catweazle perplexed by identical twins as Habbleman says that Touchwood is an extinct toad and must have him for his studies. Another very funny gem.

Last edited:

michaellevenson

9. The Ghost Hunters.
Catweazle's nocturnal prowling around King's Farthing has gone unnoticed but not unheard, Lady Collingford has hired a couple of ghost hunters to track down any spirits. Cedric wants Catweazle to track down the lost treasure of the Collingfords, but to be careful of the ghost hunters.
Catweazle is delighted, ghosts know the whereabouts of hidden gold. The hunters, who are conmen , fleecing the Colingfords with a phony hunting operation using electronic gadgetry meet their match when they face Catweazle. They think he's a ghost and he thinks they are!

x120.jpeg

9d1b6d27c6b0cd0d9eb639f822939382--ghost-hunters-ghosts.jpg

10. The Walking Trees.
Military manoeuvres are taking place in the woods and war games. Lord Collingford's blue demon team are taking on The Colonel's green demons.
When some soldiers disguised as trees are seen by Catweazle walking he is absolutely ecstatic;
" trees will walk when The Philosophers Stone be found"
Catweazle, the military and hand grenades don't mix.
With Tony Selby

Last edited:

michaellevenson

11. The Battle Of The Giants.
A rather rude, risqué episode full of double entendres.
Groome " my marrow is beautiful Mavis, I suppose you're not interested in my marrow"
" My marrow is six feet long"
Lady Collingford to Mrs Gowdie
" It doesn't look six feet long"
" men always exaggerate m'lady"
It's a marrow growing competition between Groome, His Lordship and Cedric, with a magic potion prepared by Catweazle having an extraordinary effect on marrows

catw0211.jpg

catw0211 (1).jpg

Last edited:

michaellevenson

12. The Magic Circle.
Catweazle has found all twelve signs of the zodiac,placed in a circle at Duck Halt. But what of the thirteenth?
Catweazle confronts Groome by the moat and falls into the water. But he bounces back out, bone dry!
Groome tells his story and Lord Collingford immediately calls in a psychiatrist.
" I don't need a psychiatrist! He jumped in bounced back bone dry!!!?"
Dr Benjamin Renwick tracks Catweazle down to Duck Halt for a sort of psycho therapy session, ending with the good doctor running away .
" give me the thirteenth sign and we shall fly"

x1080.jpeg

x120.jpeg

catweazle_season_2_-_episode_12___575c97f1508c3.mp4.jpg

MV5BN2M3ZTFhMTMtMDBmZC00ZTQ3LWJiZmItZTFmNjFjNmRiZTlhXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjg5MjUzNDE@._V1_.jpg

Last edited:

michaellevenson

13. The Thirteenth Sign.
Disaster as the Collingfords have to sell up, they are bankrupt.
Cedric is almost in tears , Mrs Gowdie is in tears. If only the lost treasure can be found. It has something to do with the hieroglyphic riddle that Catweazle translated at the start. Cedric has a pocket telescope and is showing Catweazle how it works in the grounds of the estate. He points it at the clock tower and sees something odd. The roman numeral twelve is NOT twelve , it's xiii, 13!
" twelve are they that circle round" it wasn't the zodiac signs but the clock numbers on the tower.
" look for where the thirteenth lies" it lies! It's pretending to be twelve
" mount aloft the one who flies" The weather vane, old father time, time flies!
" The treasure Catweazle ot must be up there in the spire, in the loft"
The treasure is found ,King's Farthing saved, but no thirteenth sign for a crestfallen Catweazle
" the quest is over Touchwood. Magic is gibberish and I have the heartache"
But one last twist awaits Catweazle, which is.........?

Does Catweazle realize his dream to fly?

Last edited: