Review CATWEAZLE: THE BLACK WHEELS - Episode 18

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
nintchdbpict000323008575-e1494510097553.jpg 84153.jpg

Your thoughts on this episode....

Catweazle regularly collects trash that he finds "wondrous" and comes across vintage vinyl records. He's no idea what they are ,but sees Cedric playing one and thinks they contain lost voices of people with laryngitis.
When Groome the handyman loses his voice , unfortunate as part of his job is to conduct tourist guided tours of King' Farthing, Catweazle plays doctor trying to get Groome to eat crushed up records to get a new voice!! Hilarious.

On to the next episode....

THE WOGLE STONE

https://www.imdforums.com/threads/catweazle-the-wogle-stone-episode-19.4636/

Back to the previous episode....

THE SIGN OF THE CRAB

https://www.imdforums.com/threads/catweazle-the-sign-of-the-crab-episode-17.4633/

Last edited:

michaellevenson

Member: Rank 8
Starting with the last scene, this is where in the opinion of both Richard Carpenter and Geoffrey Bayldon, Garry Warren's Cedric clicked with Catweazle. The charming dance scene, when Cedric and Catweazle jig around to one of the vinyl records that Cat has salvaged from the dump.
Catweazle I thought was a bit dense to think you can put an echo in a bucket, surely echoes were known in 1066.
This episode is played for laughs really, and there's plenty to enjoy. First as Catweazle feeds Groome crushed up records to give him a new voice, then as the doctor finds Catweazle in bed and starts an examination with stethoscope and thermometer, which doesn't go well, and finally when the doctor takes out a syringe to inject Catweazle, we know what's coming, mayhem.
I thought Groome and his laryngitis was a bit overdone, but necessary for the plot to work. When I first saw this I wondered how Catweazle would get his lion sign for Leo, but that was resolved cleverly at the end.
Lord Collingford going through rehearsals for the guided tour that he thought he'd have to do, shows it's just as well he inherited Kings farthing, because as a breadwinner he is inept, as he said in episode 1, he doesn't know how to make money. Unlike Carrot, Cedric is clearly the brains of the family.
7/10

Last edited:

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
Very funny episode. Am I the only one going to finish this series?

Hopefully not, Michael. I do keep meaning to resume viewing (as it was a nice routine at the time), but ground to a halt at the start of the second series, with life getting in the way, plus I became a Bounty Hunter and attempted to track Mad-Pac down, so that took up a lot of time. )

I might start the second series over again, then resume my reviewing! :emoji_alien:

And yes, after it regrettably sputtered out, I have actually missed the GURUS OF TELEFANTASY set up greatly. :emoji_cry:

michaellevenson

Member: Rank 8
Hopefully not, Michael. I do keep meaning to resume viewing (as it was a nice routine at the time), but ground to a halt at the start of the second series, with life getting in the way, plus I became a Bounty Hunter and attempted to track Mad-Pac down, so that took up a lot of time. )

I might start the second series over again, then resume my reviewing! :emoji_alien:

And yes, after it regrettably sputtered out, I have actually missed the GURUS OF TELEFANTASY set up greatly. :emoji_cry:
Well, forget Mad Pac, it's been over a year since he left, but Brimfin still logs in at IMDB V2.0 but not here.
But we did B7 and Star Cops between us , so get yourself the below DVD and I'm up for it, are you?

:emoji_grinning: