Review CATWEAZLE: THE TELLING BONE - Episode 07

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
For the record, I thought Ant-Mac
tired of certain pointless shenanigans... I didn't even read it.

Well, A-M actually - very eloquently - summed up how a fair few people were starting to feel.

But yes, it's good to see you understanding that the "pointless shenanigans" needed to stop.

But yeah, you are right. Let's put all that unpleasantness behind us now and move on.

Hope the WTP board is going well for you, M-P?

I have never seen the show myself and am tempted to check out at least the first episode.

Had you seen it before or is this your first viewing of WTP?

Last edited:

Doctor Omega

Yep, typical stuff for Terry Gilliam. Especially with Jonathan Pryce as they did in Brazil.

I was recently reading a Harlan Ellison essay and he really loved BRAZIL.

I keep meaning to see it. I really should as Orwell's 1984 was a book that I really liked back in... well, 1984 and BRAZIL seemed to be along similar dystopian lines, albeit put through a Gilliam filter! :emoji_alien:

Last edited:

Doctor Omega

Thanks. Yes, it's quite possible.

When I think of Catweazle as a person I can't help but associate his image with that of this guy:

Got to admit, you have a point about the CATWEAZLE-ishness of the character, M-P! :emoji_alien:

Last edited:

Mad-Pac

Member: Rank 5
Well, A-M actually - very eloquently - summed up how a fair few people were starting to feel.
Well, I haven't read what he eloquently summed up (I just took a briefd look and realized it wasn't anything constructive, but, instead, was throwing gasoline in the fire, and decided to ignore it), because if I do, I WILL reply, and I'd rather not, at this point. I still don't understand how I got unnecessarily sucked into all this, but I now I'm making an effort to stay out it.

Hope the WTP board is going well for you, M-P?

I have never seen the show myself and am tempted to check out at least the first episode.

Had you seen it before or is this your first viewing of WTP?
The board is doing OK considering it's an unknown show. So far so good. In 1999 I saw a couple episodes on cable and at that time it sound innovative and creative, but didn't give much thought to it again after that. I've been meaning to watch them again and the others I hadn't watched, but a couple years ago chose to do that with my Friday group, so I'm looking into it only now after all this time.

If you want to watch any of the episodes of Paradox, I can send you the link I've given to others. There's no "first episode" per se in an anthology, so you can pick and choose any you like. You might want to wait until we review them all or choose among the ones we have reviewed, as the quality of this show is irregular, as one would expect from an anthology based on previously published stories written by different people.

Doctor Omega