Review CATWEAZLE: THE WOGLE STONE - Episode 19

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
nintchdbpict000323008575-e1494510097553.jpg catw0206.jpg

Your thoughts on this episode....

Property developers and building contractors move onto King's Farthing land and start digging. Catweazle's curiosity almost gets him killed as a mechanical digger almost topples on top of him.
A deeply superstitious developer wants to build a whole new development on part of Lord Collingford's land but his Lordship won't sell up
Catweazle turns to magic to frighten the superstitious developer away with talk of cursed stones and doom to those dare to pull down his beloved Duck Halt.

On to the next episode....

THE ENCHANTED KING

https://www.imdforums.com/threads/catweazle-the-enchanted-king-episode-20.4637/

Back to the previous episode....

THE BLACK WHEELS

https://www.imdforums.com/threads/catweazle-the-black-wheels-episode-18.4634/

Last edited:

michaellevenson

Member: Rank 8
Great to see Kenneth Cope in this as the distressed builder whose life is governed by astrology and superstition. No surprise he gets on with Catweazle. I must admit to be taken in by Richard Carpenter's invention - the wogle stone. I actually looked it up online, I thought it sounded plausible.
Catweazle is a dab hand at water divining, of course he is, seems reasonable.
Lord and Lady Collingford have a pretty awful attitude toward Jack Victor,typically upper class, but these two characters are, as Carpenter commented, well played and quite amusing.
Unlike Carrot, Cedric doesn't seem to own a bicycle, so has to run or walk everywhere, but I like the character. I was thinking, when I was a teenager was I a Carrot or a Cedric? Probably a Cedric.
Tony Caunter, Ensor Jnr from Blakes7 , was good as Jack's architect. The argument with Jack at the end was amusing.
Paraphrasing;
" you're not taking that idiot's word are you?"
" he's a water diviner, he's found hidden water we're not building here. Move that wogle stone and you're fired"
" you're as potty as he is"
Catweazle " no man may build where stands the wogle"
" SHUT UP!"
9/10