Review CHIPS (2017)

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
ger.jpg

Your thoughts on this movie....

A rookie officer is teamed with a hardened pro at the California Highway Patrol, though the newbie soon learns his partner is really an undercover Fed investigating a heist that may involve some crooked cops.

Back to the tv show.....

CHiPs (1977).....

https://www.imdforums.com/threads/chips.6310/

Last edited:

Janine The Barefoot

Wacky Norwegian Woman
I never watched the tv show, which is possibly my loss, so am unlikely to see a film reimagining of it.
You missed nothing Doc. and Hollywood has proven they don't have more than 3-4 braincells left amongst them by "rebooting" MacGyver!
Epic fail of a show that was great in it's time and has not held up well at all. TGF cutting the cord!

Hux

Member: Rank 6
Another reboot?

Who exactly is the target audience? Most of the people that will remember chips will be well over 40 and generally, these movies are aimed at a younger audience. It just seems so pointless.

Do the people nostalgic for 80s TV really bring in the money and if not, why not just make a movie about cops on bikes but have no reference to chips whatsoever.

I'm strongly considering going down the bookies and putting money on a "Diff'rent Strokes" movie, a "Golden Girls" movie, a Cagney & Lacey movie, a Love Boat movie, an ALF movie, and a Magnum PI movie.

I'm bound to hit at least one of them.

Gavin

Member: Rank 6
VIP
The really frustrating thing about most of these types of nostalgia movies is that the studios seem to think that people who loved an old tv show will enjoy seeing a comedy/parody movie of it. 21 Jump Street is a prime example.