Review Christ: The Resurrection: IN DEVELOPMENT

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
Caviezel, Gibson Confirmed For “Passion 2”

caviezel-gibson-confirmed-for-passion-2-696x464.jpg

Jim Caviezel is officially onboard to reprise the role of Jesus Christ in “The Resurrection,” the Mel Gibson-directed sequel to Gibson’s 2004 mega box-office hit “The Passion of the Christ”.

Gibson first hinted at the sequel just over a year ago whilst promoting “Hacksaw Ridge” but it was still in early development. Now though, things are moving forward.

Caviezel plays Luke in the upcoming film “Paul, Apostle of the Christ” and whilst out promoting that film he confirmed to USA Today of his return to the Jesus role:

“There are things that I cannot say that will shock the audience. It’s great … I won’t tell you how he’s going to go about it, but I’ll tell you this much, the film he’s going to do is going to be the biggest film in history. It’s that good.”

Randall Wallace, who wrote the first “The Passion of the Christ,” has penned the script for the new film.

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
and the final trailer just popped up for Mary too....

In the lead up to Easter in just six weeks time, Universal Pictures and Focus Features have released a final trailer for “Mary Magdalene” starring Rooney Mara in the title role and Joaquin Phoenix as Jesus Christ.

Garth Davis (“Lion”) directs the film set in the Holy Land in the first century C.E. as a young woman (Rooney Mara) leaves her small fishing village and traditional family behind to join a radically new social movement. At its head is a charismatic leader, Jesus of Nazareth (Joaquin Phoenix), who promises that the world is changing.

Chiwetel Ejiofor and Tahar Rahim co-star in the film which hits the UK on March 16th. No U.S. date has yet been set.