Important Cinema: Asia Regulars

ant-mac

Member: Rank 9
G'day guys, I apologize for disturbing you, but I just wanted to have a quick word with you all.

IMDF is currently undergoing a bit of a revamp and an update. This basically entails condensing and compressing some sections that don't receive much interest or traffic and expanding some others.

For the CINEMA CATEGORY, that means I wish to make a few small alterations, but nothing that should interfere with your discussions and debates concerning Asian cinema - or any other topic that might interest you.

I intend to change the title of your forum to CINEMA: INTERNATIONAL and condense the threads from CINEMA: EUROPE, CINEMA: INDIA and the current CINEMA: INTERNATIONAL forum all into one forum. However, as there are only about 6 or 7 threads in all, I'm not sure you'll even notice them, because I doubt many of them will even appear on the first few pages of your forum - they mostly quite old threads.

So in effect, there will be a name change from CINEMA: ASIA to CINEMA: INTERNATIONAL and about half a dozen old threads will appear on the second or third page of your forum.

I won't do anything immediately. I'd like to give you all a couple of days to have a think and make a comment if you wish. I'll check back from time to time, so if you've got any comments or questions, please let me know. I do my best to answer any questions you might have.

All the best.

plsletitrain

Member: Rank 5
If I understood it right, there will only be one category for all films outside the US (?). While I understand the need for condensing some areas that don't receive much traffic, I would like for the Asia forum to remain as such as we sometimes just put titles as thread titles which it makes it easier for us to identify that these films are from Asia. Whereas in the prospective set-up, the title won't give away which continent the film comes from. Example: in the present set-up, if I just start a thread that reads "Apocalypse Meow", when we get notified via email, we know right away that the film is from Asia. But in the planned set-up, we would need to read further to know where the film originates. I would also like for the Europe and Asia forums to have their own separate spots for easier reference. Don't worry if the Europe cinema gets few traffic. I plan to watch many European films too and I will post it there and clayton will be my co-participant. There's two of us. Hehe.

ant-mac

If I understood it right, there will only be one category for all films outside the US (?). While I understand the need for condensing some areas that don't receive much traffic, I would like for the Asia forum to remain as such as we sometimes just put titles as thread titles which it makes it easier for us to identify that these films are from Asia. Whereas in the prospective set-up, the title won't give away which continent the film comes from. Example: in the present set-up, if I just start a thread that reads "Apocalypse Meow", when we get notified via email, we know right away that the film is from Asia. But in the planned set-up, we would need to read further to know where the film originates. I would also like for the Europe and Asia forums to have their own separate spots for easier reference. Don't worry if the Europe cinema gets few traffic. I plan to watch many European films too and I will post it there and clayton will be my co-participant. There's two of us. Hehe.
I can certainly appreciate any initial uncertainty, concerning even a modest alteration to your surroundings.

However, wouldn't a modest addition to a thread title - using APOCALYPSE MEOW as an example - solve any problems? Example, instead of merely typing APOCALYPSE MEOW into the thread title, type APOCALYPSE MEOW (Asia). By adding the appropriate addition, (Asia), (Euro) or the alike, any confusion or uncertainty - if it exists - would be instantly resolved.

In fact, I'd be quite happy to alter all appropriate thread titles to reflect this approach - both in this forum and the others in question - if it would help to ease any uncertainty in your mind. I'm always happy to help out.

Anyway, it's just a thought. :emoji_relaxed:

plsletitrain

Member: Rank 5
@ant-mac

Your proposed changes are noted. I can live with that, I'm fine with anything. I guess I'll just add more specifics to the title for easier reference and I guess I'll just have to include some European and US viewings on the Recently Seen thread.

Thanks. And by the way, if there's any way I could donate in cash, I'll be glad to. Not that big of an amount but something that could help.

ant-mac

Thank you all for being so understanding.

I've labelled all incoming threads, where necessary, to indicate their specific international origin or "flavour". Fortunately, some were already labelled. If you wish me to complete the list of threads that were already present in this forum, just let me know.

@plsletitrain - If you wish to make a donation, please contact the creator, Alex Vojacek. I'm sure he'll be able to help you out. I also hear that as a VIP, you will be granted some extra abilities and privileges.

If any of you ever need any help, or would like to have a thread "stickied" to the top of the forum page, please don't hesitate to ask.