chainsaw_metal1

Member: Rank 8
Sure, it's the same tune that was created on electronic equipment like a pre-techno dance mix back in the sixties. But over the decades, it has been rearranged, rerecorded, made more rock & roll, more orchestral, and more electronic. But which version is "your version"?

Gavin

Member: Rank 6
VIP
They're all good in their own way. But I prefer when they began using the "shriek" at the beginning. I'm less keen on the one they started to use for Sylvester McCoy which I felt sounded a little to "pop". I've enjoyed the more orchestral versions of the new series as well, especially (once I got used to it) the one they used for Matt Smith with an orchestral "undertune"

ant-mac

Member: Rank 9
Who do you think would win a debate between Spock and the Doctor?

Speaking for myself, I think...

The first Doctor would demonstrate that he has a commanding presence and a fine legal mind - and would then promptly forget the rest of his lines halfway through the debate - demonstrate what incontinence truly means and rely on Ian Chesterton to cover up the fact that he'd just flubbed the debate completely.

The second Doctor would show that he has a shrewd but shy intelligence - and then suddenly, halfway through the debate, without any warning whatsoever - he would suddenly do an impersonation of one of the three stooges and run away, shouting: “When I say ‘run’, run!”

The third Doctor would show up pissed as a fart, after attending an impromptu one-man wine and cheese tasting ceremony. He would then proceed to teach Spock who was the boss, by attempting to use his Venusian Aikido on him, slip arse-up, receive a Vulcan nerve pinch to the neck and pass out cold on the floor.

The fourth Doctor would just stand around looking googly-eyed at Spock, whilst smiling mysteriously at no one in particular. And then - after a moment of indecision - he would tell Spock that he wasn't a Doctor, but the Doctor - the definitive article in point of fact - and then offer the Vulcan a Jelly Baby.

Tegan Jovanka would racially abuse Spock, question his heritage and tell him to go back to where he came from, because being an Aussie, she has no problem with casual racism. Meanwhile, the fifth Doctor would be hiding in terror from her like the little bitch that he is.

The sixth Doctor would shoot Spock dead - plain and simple.

The seventh Doctor would act in a manner that was so enigmatic and mysterious, that no one would know what the hell he was going on about - not the audience, not Spock and certainly not himself.

The eight Doctor would probably point out to Spock that they’re both half-Human hybrids. The debate would then descend into a very civilized and polite conversation over which one of them was the biggest mongrel.

The War Doctor wouldn’t even be invited to the debate, because at the time that the invites were sent out, no one even knew that he existed.

The ninth Doctor would stand there, sulking quietly to himself throughout most of the debate - and then cry just enough for a single tear to run down his cheek. He wouldn't do this because he was losing the debate to Spock, but because he would realize that this guy really could give Rose Tyler some "Spock".

The tenth Doctor - part one - would spend the first hour of the debate lecturing Spock all about how old he is and how powerful he is and how wise he is and how Spock had better not do anything unfriendly or unwelcome to him. Then Spock would bitch slap the little wanker until he shut up.

The tenth Doctor - part two - would spend the first hour of the debate lecturing Spock all about how old he is and how powerful he is and how wise he is and how Spock had better not do anything unfriendly or unwelcome to him. Then Spock would bitch slap the little wanker until he shut up. Hey, if it worked once, it’s only logical that it would work twice.

The eleventh Doctor would probably show up to the debate stark naked, which would cause Spock to raise one eyebrow - but nothing else.

The twelfth Doctor would show up to the debate, take one look at Spock and shout: “What the fuck are you looking at, you ugly fucking pointy-eared twat?! Get the fuck out of here before I stick your fucking head up your fucking arsehole, you bastard!” Then he’d realize that he’s no longer on that other TV series.

Of course, I could be biased... :emoji_wink:

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
The Second Doctor would start droning on to Spock about that time he visited Vulcan and wondering how the human colonists are doing - and are the mercury swamps still there? And Spock would be most baffled by all that the Doctor was referencing!

chainsaw_metal1

The tenth Doctor - part one - would spend the first hour of the debate lecturing Spock all about how old he is and how powerful he is and how wise he is and how Spock had better not do anything unfriendly or unwelcome to him. Then Spock would bitch slap the little wanker until he shut up.

The tenth Doctor - part two - would spend the first hour of the debate lecturing Spock all about how old he is and how powerful he is and how wise he is and how Spock had better not do anything unfriendly or unwelcome to him. Then Spock would bitch slap the little wanker until he shut up. Hey, if it worked once, it’s only logical that it would work twice.
Is that before or after he attempted to defuse the situation by giving him a banana, claiming that one should "always bring a banana"?

The eight Doctor would probably point out to Spock that they’re both half-Human hybrids.
ant-mac. You green-blooded, inhuman, son of a bitch. You promised to never bring up that half-human crap about The Doctor ever again. Need I remind you I'm half werewolf?

ant-mac

Is that before or after he attempted to defuse the situation by giving him a banana, claiming that one should "always bring a banana"?
Bananas...

Yuck!
ant-mac. You green-blooded, inhuman, son of a bitch. You promised to never bring up that half-human crap about The Doctor ever again. Need I remind you I'm half werewolf?
Nice doggy...

Wanna play fetch?

chainsaw_metal1

Outside of the occasional DWM and some of the comics, I don't have any collectibles. Other than a TARDIS and Dalek salt & pepper shaker set I got from a friend after my mom died. Again, this is down to being poor and DW collectibles being so flipping expensive here. Plus, you can only find them at comic shops, or going online, so the availability of them is an issue. Still, I would love to have a collection of the figures and the box set with all of the sonic screwdrivers.

And since posting this, I came across something cool. Not as huge money maker, but something I'd love to have, since I only have the reprint in trade form. I might have to bid on this.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Doctor-Who-...269441?hash=item2f025f6641:g:HvUAAOSwN6JY-iLn

Last edited:

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
When he wasn't writing veiled dramatised jibes, Peter Grimwade wrote the following book too.....

Have never read it but here's a stolen review off Amazon.....

The late television director and sometime author was chiefly associated with long-running television Sci-fi series Doctor Who, and penned several novelisations including Doctor Who-Time Flight and Doctor Who-Planet of Fire (A Target book). This novel is every bit as imaginative and entertaining and is a reminder of how good a writer Grimwade actually was. Curiously named teenage prodigy Ptolemy inherits a toy factory, but is soon caught-up in the creation of something very different, while unscrupulous adults attempt to use it for their own ends. Good fun, easy read and a great cover to boot.

ant-mac

Yes, but in his novelization of TIME-FLIGHT, he indicated that a light year was a measurement of time, rather than of distance.

As a young teenager, I found that to be such an irritating and simple mistake that could and should have been avoided.

Especially in a novel based on a serial in a science fiction TV series.

duzit

Member: Rank 6
OK, all you Who people, I need help trying to use the above site to watch Who episodes.
Unfortunately I'm in the good old USA and I do not have TV access. So, I went to above site and
followed the proper steps to be able to view. The first thing that happens is the site loads a "video player". This seems to load ok as the next thing I see is a picture of the Dr./Tardis, with the familiar
image of the v (play) in the center. I click on play, a commercial plays, beautiful color, sound everything is coming thru perfectly. Commercial ends, the Dr./Tardis is back, I click on play, another beautiful
commercial plays thru. I have gone thru this for 5 commercials then gave up. At first, not knowing
how UK TV functions I thought it was the way the site made sure you had to watch the ads. I did this
on 2 different mobile devices and it was the same case on both. So, you Who's any thoughts, advice,
suggestions, solutions. I would like to enjoy the Who with the rest of the world. As other options, I
refuse to pay $99.00 per year for Amazon Prime or Google Play. Please HELP...:emoji_disappointed::emoji_disappointed_relieved::emoji_purple_heart: