News Untitled Elvis Presley Project (2021)

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
0000000.jpg

Your thoughts on this movie........

Untitled biopic for Warner Bros. Pictures.

Parker discovered Elvis Presley when he was an unknown and became his lone representation. He was responsible for various milestones, including Presley’s record deal with RCA and his successful acting career.

Last edited:

Doctor Omega

Elvis Presley’s Manager Gets A Biopic

elvis-presleys-manager-gets-a-biopic-696x464.jpg

Producers Spencer Proffer and Steve Binder are teaming with “Metallica: Some Kind of Monster” director Joe Berlinger to develop a feature film about Colonel Tom Parker, the manager of late legendary musician Elvis Presley.

Parker arrived in America as a twenty-year-old undocumented Dutch immigrant. Taking great pains to hide his past, Parker became Presley’s manager in 1956 shortly before the singer broke out with the single “Heartbreak Hotel”. He remained in that position until Presley’s death in 1977. Parker died in 1997 at age 87.

The screenplay will be based on Alanna Nash’s book “The Colonel” and the team will work from an outline developed by Nash and Berlinger. Nash will co-write the screenplay and production is slated for early 2018.

I must admit, the first I ever heard of Tom Parker was in Albert Goldman's infamous biography of Elvis....

The Colonel does not get off lightly within it's pages....

Elvis-by-Albert-Goldman.jpg

Last edited:

Amyghost

Member: Rank 3
Don't care for either of Goldman's books, on Elvis nor the one on Lennon (Goldman tastes too much like sour grapes in both, IMO), but Parker gets no more than his just desserts in it. That he was a leech who stifled Elvis' possibilities for branching out career-wise, and probably was no small factor in enabling Presley in the lifestyle that eventually killed him is pretty indisputable. Presley ought to have rid himself of Parker's influence early on but apparently couldn't bring himself to do so, and Parker seemingly exploited that weakness on his client's part to the hilt. So no love for the man, though there's no doubt he was an interesting 'character' and might very well make a fairly fascinating subject for a film.

High Plains Drifter

The Drifter
VIP
Few days ago I was/still helping get my grandpa's estate ready for a estate sale. I found in some old papers my grandma had cut out of the local paper the article about Elvis's death. This took me back, my mom's mom was a huge EP fan, my dad's mom must have been a closet fan EP fan. Maybe my grandpa didn't want her liking his music, movies, and specials? I was going to take the article home for keeps, but left it over there. I come back the next day looking for it, and my aunt, said she took it and many other papers to the burn pit. Yep, my cold hearted aunt burned it! Sad day for me. I wanted to keep that bit of history.

Doctor Omega

Elvis Press interview - The King shows his sense of humor

Elvis is asked some awkward questions about the Vietnam war. He reflects on the "image" of Elvis and real life. He turns the interview around with some funny observations.

Doctor Omega

It's on the internet.

It must be true.

Is This Video Of Elvis At Graceland On What Would Have Been His 82nd Birthday?

Doctor Omega

Hanks To Play Elvis’ Manager For Luhrmann

hanks-to-play-elvis-manager-for-luhrmann-696x464.jpg

Tom Hanks is in negotiations to play Elvis Presley’s famed manager Colonel Tom Parker in a Baz Luhrmann-directed untitled biopic for Warner Bros. Pictures.

Parker discovered Presley when he was an unknown and became his lone representation. He was responsible for various milestones, including Presley’s record deal with RCA and his successful acting career.

Luhrmann reportedly wants a star for Parker’s part, and a newcomer for the role of Presley with talent meetings already underway.

A budget is reportedly still being ironed out, but Hanks’ commitment will urge the studio to push the project forward. Luhrmann co-wrote the script with Craig Pearce and aims to shoot sometime this year.

Doctor Omega

Back Down Under, but this time in Australia, director Baz Luhrmann's Elvis Presley biopic is expected to restart soon too.
Filming came to a halt after star Tom Hanks, and his wife, the actor Rita Wilson, tested positive for Covid-19, but both later recovered.
The currently-untitled movie will see Hanks portray Presley's long-standing and famously tough manager, Colonel Tom Parker. Austin Butler will play the young king of rock 'n' roll.
Queensland Premier Annastacia Palaszczuk confirmed in a press conference on Wednesday that filming on the country's Gold Coast would commence: "as soon as possible while making sure that the cast and crew can operate safely".

This film was always on our minds throughout lockdown and will hopefully be on our big screens by November 2021.