Fun Complaint Letters...

ant-mac

Member: Rank 9
Have you ever had to write one? Who did you have to write it to? What did you say?

This is one I wrote several years ago, to my former telephone company and internet service provider. At the time, it was successful and I was able to get the result I was after. It was also very, very satisfying.

Part one...

AAPT

Dear Sir / Madam / Undecided,

My name is Xxxxx Xxxxx and apart from being a single parent and a student, I have the abject misfortune of being one of your unlucky clients - account number XXXXXXXX. I was recently informed by an AAPT telephone consultant, who shall remain nameless to avoid any possible reprisals from you, that every time I pay an outstanding debt on my AAPT account at my local post office, your company charges me an extra two dollars. Since when did it cost two dollars for your firm to receive a payment from a customer?

I am an excellent client and AAPT is extremely fortunate to be able to count me among its consumers. If you do not believe me, then simply check my customer history for verification. You will quickly discover, apart from my personal contact details, that it is quite simply beyond reproach and that I have conducted myself in an exceptional manner with regards to my obligations to AAPT. This also means that as a superior client, I naturally and rightfully expect my service provider to be outstanding. It should be candid in its honesty, competent in it service provision and creditable in its reliability to its consumers. Unfortunately, so far, your inept establishment has failed miserably on all three of these counts.

After enduring numerous personal experiences with AAPT, it has become apparent that the lower ranks in your organization, such as telephone consultants and service technicians, are generally accommodating and proficient at their tasks. Therefore, it is most disappointing to realize that the same principles do not apply to the executives in its management. It would appear that cream is not the only substance that rises - turds also float on top. In the corporate world, why is it that obnoxious quislings and parasitic non-entities get promoted over individuals who have ability and a conscience?

I could understand it if AAPT were to charge a late fee for overdue payments, but to exploit its clients simply for paying their debts punctually is nothing short of opportunistic and outrageous. It might be legal to perform such a reprehensible act, but that does not make it either ethical or moral. You have a thirst for money that would make a blood-sucking leech blush with embarrassment. What possible excuse or reason could you offer to defend such a contemptible and cowardly deed? I’m sure you will provide me with an execrable, fictional and nonsensical explanation to defend this parasitical practice.

By the way, the aforementioned AAPT telephone consultant informed me that if I wished to criticize your shameful actions, I had to forward my correspondence to you via land post. Is there a specific reason why I am required to send you this protest letter via land post rather than via email? Are you intellectually incapable of clicking a button on a computer mouse? Do you get some form of sadistic and sick pleasure from knowing that yet another tree has had to be sacrificed because of your finicky predilections? Or is your AAPT internet connection as frustrating, inadequate and unreliable as mine?

The fact that you chose to pursue this discreditable and unconscionable grab for money, thinly disguised as a service charge, was not exactly front-page news on any of the telephone accounts or advertising material that I received from your duplicitous corporation. It would not surprise me to learn that this information was indeed mentioned somewhere in the small print, but unfortunately a scanning electron microscope is unavailable for me to use to verify that fact. If I intended to rob somebody blind, I would at least have the courage and decency to face him or her while committing the crime and I would be honest and forthright about my disgraceful actions. I would not skulk around in the shadows like a Catholic priest buggering a choirboy.

However, it is blatantly obvious from your devious and disrespectful behaviour that you consider your customers to be nothing more than convenient cash cows to be milked dry at every opportunity. It may interest you to know that there is another “C” word that describes you quite effectively. However, I will allow you to determine and identify that particular expression for yourself, assuming that you have the intellectual capacity to do anything other than impersonate a cash register.

As for my opinion of the individual who dreamed up this new form of underhanded treachery that was designed to financially drain your victims - all I can say is that when they were born, the doctor should have slapped their mother instead. Perhaps the medical staff was in a rush on that particular day and accidentally got the infant and the afterbirth mixed up. Either way, in the matter regarding this unprincipled financial misappropriation, they have shown the same sort of discipline and grace as an overexcited paedophile let loose in a kindergarten.

I therefore require that either AAPT refunds the eighteen dollars that it callously stole from me or alternatively it can credit my next telephone account to the same amount. I do not honestly expect someone with your particular brand of morality to comply with my request and it would not surprise me if you chose instead to charge me a further fee of two dollars for reading my letter. Such is my confidence and faith in your pusillanimous ethical practices.

To be continued...

ant-mac

Member: Rank 9
Part two...

If the concept of acting in a considerate and responsible manner towards your hapless clients is too alien or strange for you to contemplate, do not fear. As a pre-eminent individual with superior morals to you, I will naturally take the necessary steps on your behalf to ensure that the correct arrangements are made and that justice is fully restored. I am also prepared to do this with no pecuniary charge to your company. I daresay that as a result of AAPT’s business practices, many of its victims are left with a feeling not dissimilar from those of the poor children residing at the aforementioned kindergarten.

If it should occur to you to suggest to me to select a different service provider, then allow me to save you the mental anguish of trying to come up with an original idea all by yourself. Your sales representative came to my front door and knocked on it, disturbed me in the privacy of my own home, provided me with false and misleading information and finally coerced me into signing a contract. This means that the current situation is entirely your fault and you now have to endure the consequences. You now have me as a client until AAPT goes out of business or you commit suicide. If you need any suggestions concerning an appropriate method of dispatching yourself, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Whilst on the subject of the contract, there are a few issues that I would like to bring to your attention regarding it. It states on there that part of the deal includes a mobile telephone, which is not the case. AAPT’s BSB number has been obliterated and another number substituted in its place, yet there is no signature present to confirm that I was aware of or sanctioned this action. The date on the document has also been altered, yet once again, there is no signature to confirm that I approved or witnessed this action either.

These disturbing occurrences concern me and subsequently compel me to ask you a few pertinent questions. When were these changes made to the contract? Where were these changes to the document made? Who made these aforementioned changes? Can you provide sufficient evidence to support any answers that you may provide to these questions? Is this the normal modus operandi of AAPT? Is this business procedure correct or legal? Finally, if it is not a normal or proper commercial practice, then whom can I take legal action against and how much can I sue them for?

It may seem a little extreme of me to be interested in suing someone for these highly suspicious corporate practices that appear to be occurring, but my previous personal involvement with your company has educated me on a few basic facts concerning it. The most appropriate way to punish incompetence on the scale that AAPT has consistently displayed is by hurting it financially. It also appears to be the only way to get through to people such as yourself, as money is obviously the only subject you understand, because it is the only substance you truly care about - certainly not your unfortunate prey.

If perchance you consider my correspondence to be in any way insulting or offensive, then let me assure you that it is nowhere near as insulting and offensive as I find your commercial procedures to be. I waited for approximately a week after learning of this despicable and unscrupulous new money grabbing venture by AAPT before I wrote this letter, to allow myself time to calm down and reason to reassert itself. If I had written this letter any sooner, I may have taken it upon myself to deliver it to you in person.

However I retain the right to pursue that course of action at a latter point in time, should I deem it necessary to teach you some basic Human values or in fact any Human principles at all, as you appear to be devoid of anything remotely approaching decency and honour. It would almost be worth the effort to confront you face-to-face - even if I have to get down and lay on my stomach to do so. I shall of course equip myself with a sufficient supply of snake antivenin just in case you decide to revert to your true form and attempt to bite me on the ankle - or more likely the arse.

I await your response to my correspondence with barely contained cynicism and indifference. I am unconvinced as to your ability or ambition to answer my questions or rectify the injustices I have brought to your attention with any degree of accuracy, clarity or honesty. However, I will attempt to keep an open mind in case you should accidentally discover competency and a conscience. You can contact me via email, landline or land post. As we now live in the twenty-first century, why not try something daring and innovative and use a telephone? I realize you work for AAPT, but hopefully that will not disadvantage you too severely when it comes to the use of modern telecommunications equipment.

Finally, what do individuals of your specific ilk do for an encore at the end of the day? Club innocent little fur seals to death, abuse and attack the elderly and infirm, or simply steal candy from defenceless babies? How can you look at yourself in the mirror without vomiting in disgust at the image you see reflected back? The management staff at AAPT has displayed the social conscience of a Nazi storm trooper standing outside a gas chamber in a concentration camp during World War Two.

Have a nice day,

Xxxxx Xxxxx

PS - Are there any positions vacant in your public relations department?