News Conjuring 3 (2020)

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
The-Conjuring-3.jpg

Your thoughts on this movie.....

Plot unknown. Third installment of the Conjuring franchise.

Last edited:

Doctor Omega

Wan Unlikely To Direct Third “Conjuring”

wan-unlikely-to-direct-third-conjuring-696x464.jpg

James Wan took a brief break from filming the “Aquaman” movie to talk up the release of “Annabelle: Creation” this week. Wan directed both “The Conjuring” films, and produced both the spin-off “Annabelle” and this prequel to that which is picking up decidedly stronger reviews than its predecessor.

Wan is also developing two further spin-offs, “The Nun” and “The Crooked Man,” and a third film in the “Conjuring” series. Corin Hardy is helming “The Nun” which is currently in post-production, while ‘Crooked’ is still in very early stages. Of the latter he spoke to EW about the tone he’s aiming for:

“Somewhat of that dark fairytale, and more whimsical… I love the idea that, within the Conjuring universe, each of our little movies all have their own flavor, so that way they don’t feel like they’re the same films.”

Wan also admits that he is unlikely to direct the third “Conjuring” film because of other commitments:

“I just don’t think it’s realistic with my schedule. I’m going to be on Aquaman for a year-and-a-half. I just don’t see that as a reality.”

He does remain involved though, saying they are in the midst of working on the script and has no plans to rush it out. “Annabelle: Creation” opens tomorrow.

Doctor Omega

The_Conjuring_Universe.jpg

A new and untitled film set in “The Conjuring” universe has been scheduled for July 3rd 2019. The likeliest possibility at this point is the previously announced “The Crooked Man” feature.

Doctor Omega

THERE ONCE WAS A CROOKED MAN
WHO WALKED A CROOKED MILE
THE CROOKED MAN RANG A CROOKED BELL
THUS, HIS SOUL SPIRALED INTO A CROOKED HELL
HE MURDERED HIS CROOKED FAMILY
AND LAUGHED A CROOKED LAUGH!

Doctor Omega

“The Conjuring 3” Lines Up A 2019 Shoot

conjuring-stars-re-team-on-the-commuter-696x464.jpg

“The Conjuring” film series producer Peter Safran has revealed that plans are underway to begin production on the third film in the main series next year ahead of a release in 2020 via Warner Bros. Pictures.

Speaking with Cinema Blend this week about the just-released spin-off feature “The Nun,” Safran offered an update on the project: “It’s actually coming along great. David Leslie Johnson is working on the screenplay, and I feel pretty confident they will have that one up and running next year.”

Johnson penned the second film and is returning alongside James Wan and Safran as producers, with the new film said to not be another “haunted house with a family in peril” story. It’s not yet certain if Wan will also return to direct like he did the first two “The Conjuring” films.

Doctor Omega

James Wan Won’t Direct “Conjuring 3”

james-wan-wont-direct-conjuring-3-696x464.jpg

James Wan has opted out of directing the third main film in “The Conjuring” series at New Line.

While others have helmed the spin-offs, three released and two more in development, Wan helmed both the first and second main films in the series and was expected back for the third.

Instead, he’s handing over control to Michael Chaves who helmed the Wan-produced “The Curse of La Llorona” opening next year. Wan will remain closely involved as a producer though, while Peter Safran is also producing.

David Leslie Johnson is in the midst of writing the script for “The Conjuring 3” which will once again focus on husband-and-wife paranormal investigators Ed and Lorraine Warren (Patrick Wilson and Vera Farmiga).

Doctor Omega

The Conjuring 3

New Line Cinema has set a September 11th 2020 release date for James Wan’s forthcoming “The Conjuring 3” which sees Vera Farmiga and Patrick Wilson reprising their roles, but plot specifics are under wraps. Michael Chaves (“The Curse of La Llorona”) will direct the project with James Wan producing.