News Conjuring 3: ANNOUNCED

Discussion in 'Film: Announced' started by Doctor Omega, Jun 26, 2017.

1. Doctor Omega

Doctor Omega Moderator

“Conjuring 3” Gets Scribe, But May Lose Wan

conjuring-stars-re-team-on-the-commuter-696x464.jpg

Warner Bros. Pictures and New Line Cinema are moving forward on “The Conjuring 3,” a third official main entry and the seventh overall film in the franchise (including two “Annabelle” films, “The Nun” and “The Crooked Man”).

David Leslie Johnson (“Aquaman,” “Orphan,” “Wrath of the Titans”) is on board to script while James Wan and Peter Safran will serve as producers through the Atomic Monster production company. However, Wan is not expected to direct the third installment.

The film will once again follow real-life paranormal investigators Ed and Lorraine Warren (Patrick Wilson and Vera Famiga). While the storyline is under wraps, Safran has previously said the third film will avoid the “supernatural possession in a house with a family in peril” formula again.

Wan has also stated several times the next film would be set in the 1980s. The two “Conjuring” films and 2014’s “Annabelle” have combined to gross $897 million in box office worldwide. “Annabelle: Creation” opens in August and “The Nun” opens in July.

2. Doctor Omega

Doctor Omega Moderator

Wan Unlikely To Direct Third “Conjuring”

wan-unlikely-to-direct-third-conjuring-696x464.jpg

James Wan took a brief break from filming the “Aquaman” movie to talk up the release of “Annabelle: Creation” this week. Wan directed both “The Conjuring” films, and produced both the spin-off “Annabelle” and this prequel to that which is picking up decidedly stronger reviews than its predecessor.

Wan is also developing two further spin-offs, “The Nun” and “The Crooked Man,” and a third film in the “Conjuring” series. Corin Hardy is helming “The Nun” which is currently in post-production, while ‘Crooked’ is still in very early stages. Of the latter he spoke to EW about the tone he’s aiming for:

“Somewhat of that dark fairytale, and more whimsical… I love the idea that, within the Conjuring universe, each of our little movies all have their own flavor, so that way they don’t feel like they’re the same films.”

Wan also admits that he is unlikely to direct the third “Conjuring” film because of other commitments:

“I just don’t think it’s realistic with my schedule. I’m going to be on Aquaman for a year-and-a-half. I just don’t see that as a reality.”

He does remain involved though, saying they are in the midst of working on the script and has no plans to rush it out. “Annabelle: Creation” opens tomorrow.

3. Doctor Omega

Doctor Omega Moderator

“The Conjuring 3” Lines Up A 2019 Shoot

conjuring-stars-re-team-on-the-commuter-696x464.jpg

“The Conjuring” film series producer Peter Safran has revealed that plans are underway to begin production on the third film in the main series next year ahead of a release in 2020 via Warner Bros. Pictures.

Speaking with Cinema Blend this week about the just-released spin-off feature “The Nun,” Safran offered an update on the project: “It’s actually coming along great. David Leslie Johnson is working on the screenplay, and I feel pretty confident they will have that one up and running next year.”

Johnson penned the second film and is returning alongside James Wan and Safran as producers, with the new film said to not be another “haunted house with a family in peril” story. It’s not yet certain if Wan will also return to direct like he did the first two “The Conjuring” films.