• No.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm on the fence

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
Count_of_St_Germain.jpg

The Comte de Saint Germain; born ~1691 – died 27 February 1784)[3] was a European adventurer, with an interest in science and the arts. He achieved prominence in European high society of the mid-1700s. Prince Charles of Hesse-Kasselconsidered him to be "one of the greatest philosophers who ever lived".

St. Germain used a variety of names and titles, an accepted practice amongst royalty and nobility at the time. These include the Marquis de Montferrat, Comte Bellamarre, Chevalier Schoening, Count Weldon, Comte Soltikoff, Graf Tzarogy and Prinz Ragoczy.

In order to deflect inquiries as to his origins, he would invent fantasies, such as him being 500 years old, leading Voltaire to sarcastically dub him "The Wonderman".

His birth and background are obscure, but towards the end of his life he claimed that he was a son of Prince Francis II Rákóczi of Transylvania.

His name has occasionally caused him to be confused with Claude Louis, Comte de Saint-Germain, a noted French general, and Robert-François Quesnay de Saint Germain, an active occultist

In Theosophy

Myths, legends and speculations about St. Germain began to be widespread in the late 19th and early 20th centuries, and continue today.

They include beliefs that he is immortal, the Wandering Jew, an alchemist with the "Elixir of Life", a Rosicrucian, and that he prophesied the French Revolution.

He is said to have met the forger Giuseppe Balsamo (alias Cagliostro) in London and the composer Rameau in Venice. Some groups honor Saint Germain as a supernatural being called an Ascended Master.

Madame Blavatsky and her pupil, Annie Besant, both claimed to have met the Count who was traveling under a different name.

David Christopher Lewis, spiritual director of The Hearts Center, an offshoot of Theosophy, claimed that Saint Germain first came to him in person on June 10, 2004 in his home in Paradise Valley, Montana and continued to come many times thereafter, dictating what is now in the book: Saint Germain on Advanced Alchemy: HeartStreaming in the Aquarian Age

Last edited:

Doctor Omega

The Count has inspired a number of fictional creations:

• The Comte is the main protagonist in on ongoing series of historical romance/horror novels by Chelsea Quinn Yarbro
  • He is the main character of the historical mystery novel based on his early adventures, The Man Who Would Not Die, written by Paul Andrews. He is presented as the son of Prince Rákóczi.
  • In the novelization The Night Strangler, from the TV film of the same title, it is strongly hinted that the immortal villain, Dr. Richard Malcolm, is actually the Count St. Germain. When asked directly, Malcolm laughs ironically but does not deny it.
  • He is the main antagonist in The Ruby Red Trilogy, written by Kerstin Gier. He is the founder of a secret lodge which is controlling people with a time-travelling gene, and he is trying to gain immortality through the said time-travellers.
  • Robert Rankin's character Professor Slocombe, in the various books of The Brentford Trilogy, is often described as bearing an uncanny resemblance to the Comte; when the Professor annotates the Comte's ancient notebooks, even the handwriting is nearly identical. Another character, now quite old, born in the Victorian era, has stated that Professor Slocombe was an old man even then.
  • He is introduced as a supporting character in the novel The Magician by Michael Scott
  • In Master of Mosquiton Mosquition's enemy is an immortal demon loosely based on the Count of St. Germain.

Doctor Omega

(Leonard Nimoy) In Search Of.. **The Man Who Would Not Die** (Season 2 Episode 2)

The Man Who Would Not Die: The fascinating saga of the Count of Saint-Germain, who dazzled the courts of Europe for over 100 years, leading some to believe he was immortal.

Doctor Omega

I'd like to meet him, if only to say "We play the game again... Time Lord!" to him. :emoji_robot:

Unless he's turned into a Countess by now.

These things happen. :emoji_confused:

johnnybear

Member: Rank 6
My wife first told me about Count Saint Germain! But I must have heard of him before because I saw all of the In Search of episodes with Leonard Nimoy back in the seventies...
JB