Review Countdown: Episode 22

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
068279fdce1180bf44ac258d5fe87db7--spaceships-science-fiction.jpg

tumblr_inline_ocmzleh8Ho1u7lw86_500.jpg

Your thoughts on this episode.....

The Liberator heads to the Federation controlled planet Albian, where Blake and the crew are in search of Federation officer Space Major Provine whom they believe can lead them to the location of Central Control. Only to learn The Federation has buried a radioactive bomb on the planet which wipe out all life on Albian. As Blake and the crew helps a band of rebels find the bomb. Avon meets up with enemy Del Grant, brother of Avon's former lover Anna and tries to disarm the bomb and puts aside his differences with Grant.

On to the next episode....

VOICE FROM THE PAST

https://www.imdforums.com/threads/voice-from-the-past-episode-23.3432/

Back to the previous episode....

HOSTAGE

https://www.imdforums.com/threads/hostage-episode-21.3420/

Last edited:

Doctor Omega

At last, some background and depth for Avon. The poor fella. His heart broken - and having to contend with her vengeful brother, while also stopping a planet from being destroyed.

I like the warning that Blake gives to Del Grant about, should anything happen to Avon. Bless.

When all is said and done, Avon shows that he is a hero, behind everything. I think he just makes excuses for being heroic a lot of the time, hiding his altruistic deeds behind pragmatism.

It was nice that the whole Anna Grant thing would be revisited in Season 3. albeit with less than happy results!

A good episode. And I see that Del Grant has been brought into the Big Finish stories as a regular of sorts.

b7-bigfinishdevied8b64_cover_large.jpg

Last edited:

Doctor Omega

I wish Josette would relax her stance. She has spoken disparagingly of the role being a stereotypical warrior woman. But Dayna had much more depth than that.

And it did get her her Equity card at the time! . :emoji_confused:

johnnybear

Member: Rank 6
Does anyone remember seeing this episode live back in 79? Well I had the tape recorder waiting and after the announcer said and next Blakes 7, we had to wait for what seemed an eternity for it to actually start! But it was worth the wait indeed with a good story and characters and Avon's history coming under our scrutiny for the first of a few times not forgetting Tynus two episodes earlier!
JB