Fun The Arrowverse

Alex Vojacek

Administrator
Staff member
VIP
The last crossover about the Alien Invasion was a disaster...at least for me. I was hoping for super heroes to have a drink and do some mundane things.. the "save the world from alien invasion" didn't stick to me at all, it was contrived and forced and didn't worked.

I think supergirl can be a really awesome character to get mixed with the arrow team and they need to approach this stuff in a whole different way. I'm glad they are considering "romantic" and personal stuff.. I think that's the way to go and doing a four part, even better as those single episodes were too fast and forced.

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
CW & DC’s 2017 Crossover Gets A Title & Poster

cw-dcs-2017-crossover-gets-a-title-poster-696x463.jpg

The CW and Warner Bros. Pictures have commissioned legendary “Wonder Woman” comic artist Phil Jimenez to create a custom comic book cover poster for the upcoming annual crossover of the four The CW DC series – “The Flash,” “Arrow,” “Supergirl” and “DC’s Legends of Tomorrow”.

https://twitter.com/BrendanMCawley/...om/cw-dcs-2017-crossover-gets-a-title-poster/

Titled “Crisis on Earth-X,” the episodes see all of the heroes are celebrating Barry and Iris’ wedding when villains from Earth-X crash the festivities with a deadly agenda. In a statement, executive producers Marc Guggenheim and Andrew Kreisberg say:

“We conceived this year’s crossover to be evocative of the annual Justice League/Justice Society crossovers we grew up with and looked forward to as kids. Phil was the perfect choice to bring the comic book cover iteration of this idea to life. You can count on one hand the number of artists who could compellingly represent so many characters in a single image. Phil is one of them. And his design invokes the cover of Justice League #207, which was the 20th Annual JLA/JSA crossover. Our ten year-old selves are in heaven.”

This year’s event will air across two nights – Monday, November 27th and Tuesday, November 28th – on The CW.

chainsaw_metal1

Member: Rank 8

This year's crossover event was amazing! After last year's event - which felt like four separate stories all loosely connected by a common enemy - this one gets started right off the bat with characters from all four shows all together, and immediately in danger and action. We get brilliant humor, some very emotional moments, lots of comic book and comic book film Easter eggs, and a story that delivered where the previous crossover lacked. I won't go into any spoilers, but this was definitely worth seeing. It felt more like a proper Justice League story than the recent film.

Gavin

Member: Rank 6
VIP
I'm so far behind on these shows at the moment :emoji_frowning2:. Only just finished episode 3 of each one. Need some time to sit down and catch up.

Doctor Omega

Arrow-Verse To Include Batwoman & Gotham City

arrow-verse-to-include-batwoman-gotham-city-696x464.jpg

Both the character of Batwoman and Gotham City are set to officially become a part of the Arrow-verse this December.

The CW has announced it will host another superhero crossover event this Fall with “Supergirl,” “Arrow,” “The Flash” and “DC’s Legends of Tomorrow” once again crossing over with one big story. “Arrow” star Stephen Amell made the announcement at The CW’s upfront presentation, saying (via EW):

“We’re incredibly excited to announce that we’ll be doing another crossover event this fall on the CW, and we’ll be introducing a new character. For the very first time appearing, we’ll be fighting alongside Batwoman, which is terrific. The crossover is going to make it to air in December. I need to leave right now and start filming it.”

CW boss Mark Pedowitz then added: “We are adding the city of Gotham into the Arrowverse. This will be another full-throttled action-packed event.” The news comes as the various shows shift nights next season with “Supergirl” airing on Sundays, ‘Legends’ and “Arrow” on Mondays and “The Flash” and “Black Lightning” on Tuesdays.

Doctor Omega

“Batwoman” Backlash Sees Rose Exit Twitter

batwoman-backlash-sees-rose-exit-twitter-696x464.jpg

When The CW announced the casting of Ruby Rose as Batwoman, it seemed like a natural fit. On the one had you have a charismatic Australian lesbian actress with a unique style and so far fairly solid early film career making the switch to TV.

On top of that, she’s playing an out lesbian superhero character on The CW shows which have been all about diversity so far in their runs. So what’s the problem? Rose has found herself the subject of a social media backlash over her casting – so much so she’s become the latest actor to abandon a social media account due to online trolling with racist, sexist and homophobic comments being thrown at her.

Some criticism of Rose was levelled at her for not being of Jewish descent like the character, but oddly a lot seemed to suggest she wasn’t the right actress to play a lesbian superhero.

Before deleting her Twitter account, Rose posted a series of tweets addressing the issue saying: “Where on Earth did ‘Ruby is not a lesbian therefore she can’t be Batwoman’ come from – has to be the funniest most ridiculous thing I’ve ever read. I came out at 12? And have for the past 5 years had to deal with ‘she’s too gay’ how do y’all flip it like that? I didn’t change. I wish we would all support each other and our journeys.”

Rose will make her debut in The CW’s ‘Arrowverse’ in the annual crossover event between the four existing shows this December. She’s also starring in a pilot in development for a standalone “Batwoman” series and if it gets picked up, it will debut in the 2019-2020 season.

Doctor Omega

The CW Sets DC Crossover Nights

the-cw-sets-dc-crossover-night-696x464.jpg

The CW has announced the dates for its annual crossover of its various DC Comics shows, this time the event will take place over a shortened three episode run with “DC’s Legends of Tomorrow” sitting out events this year.

The action kicks off with “The Flash” on Sunday, December 9th while “Arrow” will continue the story on Monday, December 10th and “Supergirl” ends it on Tuesday, December 11th. It’s expected ‘Legends’ characters will appear even though there’s no direct ‘Legends’ episode.

This story will mark Ruby Rose’s debut as Kate Kane, a.k.a. Batwoman, and Gotham City is also expected to appear in the episodes – but there won’t be a Batman appearance even though he exists in this world.

The episode will also likely introduce some of the supporting cast and villains from the “Batwoman” pilot and potential series. This will mark the fifth annual Fall crossover event and eighth major crossover overall in the series canon (not including numerous single episode cameos).

Doctor Omega

Elizabeth Tulloch Is CW’s Lois Lane

elizabeth-tulloch-is-cws-lois-lane-696x464.jpg

“Grimm” star Elizabeth Tulloch has been cast as Lois Lane opposite Tyler Hoechlin’s Superman in The CW’s annual Arrow-verse crossover event.

Hoechlin made his first appearance as Clark Kent in season two of “Supergirl” as Kara Danvers legendary cousin and featured in four episodes of the series. He slips the cape back on with Tulloch’s Lois by his side this time out.

The CW recently set December 9th-11th dates for the annual crossover which will take place heavily in Gotham City and introduce Ruby Rose’s Batwoman. The various CW shows return with their new seasons in October.

Doctor Omega

Jeremy Davies Is The CW DC Crossover Villain

jeremy-davies-is-the-cw-dc-crossover-villain-696x464.jpg

Former “Lost” and “Justified” star Jeremy Davies will play the big villain of The CW’s upcoming DC Arrow-verse crossover event set in Gotham City.

The three-show event will also introduce Ruby Rose as Batwoman, who patrols the streets of Gotham as a highly trained street fighter primed to snuff out the failing city’s criminal resurgence.

Davies stars as John Deegan, a doctor at Arkham Asylum who might just be crazier than the inmates he treats and his plans draw in Green Arrow (Stephen Amell), The Flash (Grant Gustin) and Supergirl (Melissa Benoist).

The event also stars Tyler Hoechlin as Superman, Elizabeth Tulloch as Lois Lane and Cassandra Jean Amell as Nora Fries. It kicks off December 9th and runs through to December 11th.

chainsaw_metal1

Member: Rank 8
I had my misgivings at first, but that costume is pretty comic accurate and looks badass. Now I can't wait for the crossover.

Doctor Omega

Filming is currently underway on The CW’s DC crossover story for the year with a photo popping up of series regulars Grant Gustin and Stephen Amell being joined by Tyler Hoechlin in a new black Superman costume for the special three-episode event.
The ‘Elseworlds’ event airs from December 9th-11th and will introduce both Batwoman (Ruby Rose) and Lois Lane (Elizabeth Tulloch) to the DC TV multiverse, along with being the first time The Flash and Green Arrow have met Superman.

The crossover runs across “Arrow,” “The Flash” and “Supergirl” this year. “DC’s Legends of Tomorrow” is sitting it out this year, instead that week they’ll be doing an episode that explores alternate time periods and the Legends interacting with different versions of themselves. ‘Legends’ returns October 22nd.