News Catch and Kill

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
DePalma Plans Horror Film About Weinstein

weinstein-sued-for-sex-trafficking-violation-696x464.jpg

Filmmaker Brian De Palma recently spoke with Le Parisien (via The Playlist) and in the process touched upon his frustrations with the current state of the film industry.

More interesting is that he’s revealed his next feature will take inspiration from some real-life events involving Hollywood – namely the “Scarface” and “Dressed to Kill” director plans to take on lecherous studio executives:

“I’m writing a film about this scandal, a project I’m talking about with a French producer. My character won’t be named Harvey Weinstein but it will be a horror film, with a sexual aggressor, and it will take place in the film industry.”

De Palma’s newest film “Domino” which was originally aiming to open later this year. Nikolaj Coster-Waldau, Carice van Houten, and Guy Pearce star in the film which the director says was a “horrible experience” as it was underfunded and his “producer lied to him”. He isn’t sure it will get any release.

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
De Palma’s Weinstein Film Gets A Title, Location

rape-claims-arise-in-the-weinstein-scandal-696x464.jpg

Brian De Palma has spoken a bit more about his upcoming horror movie, the one which features a character very much inspired by disgraced movie mogul Harvey Weinstein as the film’s central villain/monster.

He tells Le Point (via The Playlist) that the story’s action will likely take place around the Toronto Film Festival and filming could begin as early as next Summer. That wouldn’t be the first time De Palma has shot a film based around a festival, his thriller “Femme Fatale” starts off with a key heist scene set at Cannes.

Additionally, the film’s producer Said Ben Said has revealed to Deadline that the project is going by the working title of “Predator”. Said and Michel Merkt are producing the film.