Review Deadpool (2016)

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10

Your thoughts on this movie....

A fast-talking mercenary with a morbid sense of humor is subjected to a rogue experiment that leaves him with accelerated healing powers and a quest for revenge.

Last edited:

Hux

Member: Rank 6
Exactly what the genre needed. Some self-aware, disrespectful, sweary superhero action.

A plot as simplistic as it gets but that was necessary so that they could focus on the jokes, the character and the meta, fourth wall breaking. It's a joke that could very quickly wear thin though so it'll be interesting to see what they do with the sequel -- I expect it'll be more of the same.

Carol

Member: Rank 5
Just got my DVD - it was waiting on my door mat when I got home from work - cracked open a bottle, plunged straight in - I am now so happy to have lost my Deadpool virginity. couldn't wait to tell you all. Off to watch the extras now. More better joined up rapturous critique when I'm over the first wave of snortful joy, disgust and gleefulness.

chainsaw_metal1

Member: Rank 8
I saw this in the theatre with some friends, all of us being people who read the comics, and we didn't stop laughing the entire way through. I watched it on Blu-Ray a couple of times since, and it just gets better every time I watch it. Gold.

Carol

Member: Rank 5
Yep, second time just as good if not better- this could be the start of a beautiful friendship with Mr Pool... but big NO to the pineapple on pizza; ah well, every bloke has to have some sort of tragic flaw, and that must be his,