Review Death Wish (2018)

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
Bruce Willis In “Death Wish”

OrSMJsDj_400x400.jpg

first-photos-bruce-willis-in-death-wish-696x464.jpg

The first photos have been released from “Death Wish,” the Eli Roth-directed remake of the iconic Charles Bronson vigilante classic that spawned a franchise.

Bruce Willis stars in the film which shifts the action to Chicago from New York. Speaking about the film with Yahoo Movies, Roth says this promises to bring Willis back to his glory days:

“We wanted to bring back that great, classic Bruce Willis we all know and love and just do a fun, badass update of a revered classic. I wanted to bring Bruce back to that ‘Fifth Element,’ ‘Unbreakable,’ ‘Die Hard‘ glory and have him craft another iconic performance, and I really think he did it. I mean I really think this can be his ‘Taken.’ The fun is watching him go crazy and watching someone slowly move the moral goal post.”

“Death Wish” opens on November 22nd.

Here's a clip from the original Charles Bronson version.....

Last edited:

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
hMJR88Q.jpg

Death Wish
Director: Eli Roth (“Hostel”)
Cast: Bruce Willis, Vincent D’Onofrio, Elisabeth Shue, Dean Norris, Kimberly Elise
Details: Eli Roth remakes the iconic and controversial Charles Bronson film in which a doctor in Chicago becomes a vigilante when his wife is murdered and his daughter brutally attacked by thieves. The obvious question is one of ‘who cares?’ Revenge and vigilante tales have become commonplace in the wake of the original and its sequels, with last month’s “The Punisher” filling the void quite well.

On top of that, the idea of civil justice is thought of differently these days in the wake of multiple murder sprees by lone gunmen which makes Roth’s comedic approach to street-level violence in the trailer seem misguided. Could be reckless fun, more likely an utter train wreck, and either way it should be interesting.

ant-mac

Member: Rank 9
I'm sorry, but for me, this is just wrong.

Who do they plan to replace next?

Harry Callahan or Rocky Balboa?

ant-mac

Member: Rank 9
There's only one Paul Kersey.......

I like Bruce Willis... and he has created more than one iconic film character in his time, but he's no Charles Bronson.

And that's not intended as an insult. I couldn't see Charles Bronson playing John McCLane.

Although before the first film, based upon the novel, I could only see one actor playing the part... Roy Scheider.