Fun Desert Island Cult /Classic Tv

michaellevenson

Member: Rank 8
You may know of BBC 's Radio 4 Desert Island Discs show where celebs imagine they're on a desert island and have to nominate eight pieces of music to accompany them on said island.
Well lets do desert island cult/classic tv. Nominate eight single episodes of tv that you'd take with you on the island, along with a DVD player of course.
Rules: Only one episode per show and NO MOVIES. Someone else can start that thread.
My choices in no particular order;
Dr Who Inferno episode 6- possibly the best single episode,
Blakes7 - Pressure Point - not necessarily the best but we have the classic line up and Servalan and Travis and the shock ending.
The Sandbaggers - Special Relationship - last episode of series 1 . SIS Director has to choose between his lover's life or the special relationship between SIS and CIA.
Fawlty Towers - The Germans
U.F.O. Mindbender -Straker goes on a trip of epic proportions, a truly mindboggling episode
Space 1999- The Troubled Spirit - someone haunted by their own ghost
Star Trek - City at the edge of Forever, Joan Collins and a spectacular ending
Finally ITV series Thriller - Killer in every Corner- Don Henderson, in story about criminal psychopaths serving as house servants to a Professor who is using them to study psychopathic behaviour when innocent students are invited to stay the weekend.
That's my eight, any other suggestions?

Last edited:

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
BLAKE'S 7: Episode 52 "Blake". Just so that every time I watch it I can hope that this time it will end differently.

MOONBASE 3: Episode 6 - "View of a Dead Planet" (which will help remind me to keep my dignity, faced with a bleak situation, much like a desert island.

DOCTOR WHO: The Trial of a Time Lord Episode 14 - To have a laugh at how it's not just life that doesn't make any sense.

ENTERPRISE: "These Are the Voyages" - Final Episode of Enterprise. Because everybody seemed to hate it, which made me feel sorry for it. And I liked the Troi/Riker wraparound holodeck story.

QUATERMASS (1979) Episode 4..... For that finale. Very effective, i thought.

TRIPODS Final Episode. "Has it all been for nothing?" Just to marvel at how arrogant and stupid the BBC could be.

HAMMER HOUSE OF HORROR: "Visitor From the Grave". Need a bit of Hammer in there, so while this one's a bit random it's still got Blake/Gareth Thomas in it and plays quite well as a story.

CASTROVALVA part 1: A reminder of a lovely, hopeful time for Doctor Who. And the closing line "Farewell my friends! Farewell forever!" serves as a nice epitaph of my lifelong exile on that desert island.