Controversial Did Jesus Actually Exist?

Discussion in 'Religion & Spirituality' started by Doctor Omega, Mar 27, 2017.

Tags:
?

Did Jesus Exist?

1. Yes.

6 vote(s)
    54.5%
  2. No.

5 vote(s)
    45.5%
  1. johnnybear

johnnybear Member: Rank 6

I was always against the religious fever as a teenager but these days I believe in God! I don't accept everything about the dogma and have never really read the Bible! I tried once but found it too confusing, worse than a H.G.Wells novel! But I do think there is a supreme cosmic intelligence out there but because of many things including time and space he can't be with us every minute of every day! People question his existence because of death but to god death is not something terrible only a transference of energy into another form so it is only us left here on earth that are upset while the recently deceased find themselves in a better place and with a form free of pain as the like! Wait a minute, I sound like a priest after he's secretly been hitting the bottle!!!
    JB

• Like Like x 2
  2. The Seeker

The Seeker Member: Rank 5

The Bible is a horrible book. Better to believe in a God who’s not out to get everyone and who doesn’t send you to hell for not believing in the right religion. Christianity is a horribly toxic religion. I even have contempt for liberal Christians because they only pick and choose which parts of the Bible they follow and do a lot of mental acrobatics to justify the parts of the Bible that are positively awful. Why not just start a new religion?

• Like Like x 2
  3. chainsaw_metal1

chainsaw_metal1 Member: Rank 8

I never looked at it as picking and choosing, but rather, like many philosophers before me, I looked at the Bible as one long zen parable - something that got me into trouble with many a fundamentalist along the way. There are some good moral ideas presented amongst the rape, murder, slavery, misogyny, etc. But, as many have pointed out, if you need a religion to make sure you lead a moral life, you're really an asshole.

• Like Like x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  4. Doctor Omega

Doctor Omega Moderator

I remember that marvellous scene between Pagan Christopher Lee up against an outraged Christian in Edward Woodward asking "What of Jesus?"

SUMMERISLE: (Delicately) Himself the son of a virgin, impregnated, I believe, by a ghost....

Watching that at a tender age, I recall thinking.... he's got a point there! Adults all around me are believing this ridiculous, fantastical concept and getting upset if you don't!

• Love it! Love it! x 2
  5. Doctor Omega

Doctor Omega Moderator

Jesus Christ Returns. "Second Coming" In Australia.

Divine Truth....

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJRcQ9ZkIdS0CzBCO26BtUQ

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Doctor Omega

Doctor Omega Moderator

Data doubts the Second Coming.

• Love it! Love it! x 1
  7. Doctor Omega

Doctor Omega Moderator

• Like Like x 1