Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
afsfsdfa.jpg

Your thoughts on this movie.....

When a mad man calling himself 'the Scorpio Killer' menaces the city, tough as nails San Francisco Police Inspector Harry Callahan is assigned to track down and ferret out the crazed psychopath.

Last edited:

Doctor Omega

This is not one, in my opinion, that can ever be remade successfully.

I cannot imagine anyone else ever playing the role without paling in comparison to Clint.

johnnybear

Member: Rank 6
Doc, did you know that this film was made with Frank Sinatra in mind? I know, it makes you feel pretty dizzy to even contemplate such a thing!
JB

johnnybear

Member: Rank 6
Scorpio is one of the best baddies in cinematic history I'm sure you'll agree! With his mad flowing hair, his terrified look when Harry is after him, his purple faced mutant look after the black guy gives him a pasting or his Spider-Man mask and scream when Harry stabs him in the leg after receiving a beating, no other Dirty Harry villain can beat this guy!
JB

Doctor Omega

I didn't know about the Frank Sinatra thing, Michael.

And yes, what an astounding performance from Andrew Robinson.

Another reason why they should never bother remaking this.

Doctor Omega

Sorry, JB! Please excuse the faux pas!

I suspect I have been calling Micael JB at the same time.

I will be calling Ant-Mac, Mad-Pac next - or vice versa!

I think watching New Who has damaged my cerebral cortex. :emoji_head_bandage:

Doctor Omega

By the way what's happened to this place? Who has put up the cash?
JB
Excuse late reply, JB. Alex upgraded the site. :emoji_robot:

I still think this is probably the best Dirty Harry film - simply because of the quality of villain Harry was up against. I think all others paled against Harry Robinson - who I now also know as Garack, having finally caught up with DEEP SPACE NINE. :emoji_alien: