• Yes.

Votes: 6 85.7%
  • No.

Votes: 1 14.3%

• Total voters

ant-mac

Member: Rank 9
If yes, why?
In Australia, voting at state and federal elections is mandatory. If you do not vote, you can be severely fined. And I refer to fines that actually increase in size with the passage of time. The final amount could easily end up being in the realm of hundreds of thousands of dollars...

However, just because I take a ballot paper and step into a voting booth does not automatically mean that I do what I'm expected to do. There are many ways to vote informally. You can simply fold up your ballot paper without marking it, you can add new names to the ballot paper and put a tick next to them, you can leave a message for the vote counters to read or you can follow the proud Aussie tradition of drawing a cock and balls on your ballot paper...

The options are endless and endlessly entertaining.

Gavin

Member: Rank 6
VIP
I'm also a yes because, like ant-mac, I'm Australian and voting is compulsory. However, even if it was optional , I'd still vote because even if my single vote doesn't end up mattering in the end, at least I get the satisfaction of numbering all my choices and making sure that whoever I like least is the last option.