Review Doctor Who in Print!

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
33953.jpg _45961281_dr_who_466.jpg 2e0hp0je0az1000.jpg bigimage.jpg

Books, comics, magazines and annuals etc. over the years.....

What have been your favourites?

Last edited:

Doctor Omega

I loved The Iron Legion when it debuted in Doctor Who Weekly. It got endlessly reprinted after that. I liked all of those initial runs in the weekly and early days of the Monthly.

including those - yet to be reprinted - spotlight tales, at the back of the comic, featuring those probably copyright breaking monsters in their own strips, with no Doctor in sight....

chainsaw_metal1

Member: Rank 8
I didn't read Doctor Who Magazine often enough to follow the strips. I do have the reprints in comic form of the strips that Grant Morrison wrote. Frobisher needs to be introduced to the show.

ant-mac

Member: Rank 9
I've got many of the early issues of DOCTOR WHO Weekly and Monthly, not to mention several comics...

As for Frobisher...
PHOTOGRAPH - Doctor 06, Frobisher + Perpugilliam Brown (01).JPG

ant-mac

Member: Rank 9
I was always rather partial to THE NEUTRON KNIGHTS with the fourth Doctor, THE TIDES OF TIME with the fifth Doctor and the various adventures of Kroton the Cyberman. I also liked various comic strips that featured the Daleks, the Cybermen, the Great Intelligence and the Nestene Consciousness without any Doctor being present.

Doctor Omega

Yes, because I read it before the glut of novels and spin offs etc, it was still good enough to be canon to me.

And I agree, I liked the fact that the Doctor had taught him a thing or two about fighting hypnotism.

And I thought the Mondas/Marinus, Cybermen/Voord thing was clever too.

Doctor Omega

It has reached the point now where I would only want to read the Classic Who stuff in it, so not worth buying beyond that for me.

Sadly my library has never stocked it.

Doctor Omega

The multiple covers that they do nowadays went beyond a joke too....

Okay, maybe the above example was forgivable, but often the variants were/are just silly and greedy.

chainsaw_metal1

Member: Rank 8
The closest place for me to get it is at my LCS, and since my financial situation has drastically cut my comic book spending, I usually don't get in to pick it up. That, and for the most part, if there's something I really want to read in it, someone will have posted it online somewhere. I will still pick up the occasional issue, if there's something I really want to read in it. I've never heard of Vroop Vroop. Sounds...interesting?

Doctor Omega

I loved the back up comic strips in the earlier issues featuring the more iconic monsters in solo tales....

I wish that they would publish them in an omnibus volume. I think it is copyright issues that have prevented this so far....