Review Earth 2

michaellevenson

Member: Rank 8
This 90's series I saw for the first time about a year ago. The youtube link will detail the show, but I'll add that I thought it was an interesting take on Human/Alien contact with some nice ideas. One or two ideas do have a Blakes7 ring about it, particularly a character who has a device in his head to counteract unsociable behaviour due to his past criminal actions, and an episode with a black leather clad cyborg. Lasted one season only but deserved a second season after ending with a B7 style cliffhanger. Quite routine now but not before B7 did it.
Debrah Farentino starred, who later became Beverly Barlow in Eureka.

johnnybear

Member: Rank 6
Earth 2 I always felt was like an adults version of Lost in Space! Sadly it only lasted the one season!
JB

McQualude

Member: Rank 3
Also starred a young Rebecca Gayheart, Tim Curry, and Yancy Brown.
I've seen it 2.5 times. During the original run. Years ago when it was on Netflix. Then started watching again with my kids but they weren't very interested and I think twice was enough for me. I mostly watched for Debrah Farentino. The show had a great premise but worked against itself by being too far out.

Gavin

VIP
I have vague memories of seeing this when it was first on. I don't think I ever saw more than a few episodes. Probably because whatever TV station it was on kept changing the time. I remember enjoying the concept although it was a bit hit and miss with the realisation of the concept. Must check it out again and see how it turned out.

johnnybear

There were two groups of aliens on the planet as I recall, one was called The Grendlers and resembled Rhinos without the horn and they used to be aggressive toward the colony and the others were a tribal race of skeletal rock-faced beings who were peaceful if left alone but were the survivors of another race that was technically evil and in one episode a member of their long dead ancestors returns to try to reignite the evil in them by using one of the human colonists! Can't remember what they were called though...
JB

michaellevenson

Member: Rank 8
There were two groups of aliens on the planet as I recall, one was called The Grendlers and resembled Rhinos without the horn and they used to be aggressive toward the colony and the others were a tribal race of skeletal rock-faced beings who were peaceful if left alone but were the survivors of another race that was technically evil and in one episode a member of their long dead ancestors returns to try to reignite the evil in them by using one of the human colonists! Can't remember what they were called though...
JB
The skeletal beings were Terrians. Which does seem a Earth-centric name to give them. I think the colonists called them that but I'm not sure if they used it themselves as the Terrians didn't speak.
By the way, there's discussions on a group watch of Blakes7 on the twin peaks thread.
https://www.imdforums.com/threads/whats-ahead-for-the-sages.4066/page-2#post-35572

Last edited:

johnnybear

Yes, The Terrians, I remember now! They were like the aboriginal people of the planet, They had been evil in their long go past but were now one with the planet and peaceful! I think it looked like a nice place to start a new life on, as long as you could keep the earth military from moving in on you too!
JB